Thread: Can a sugar rush cause damage? page

Kimmy1966 is offline Junior Member

Can a sugar rush cause damage?

Shop Now
    Hello everyone!
    I was trying low carb to no carbs. No carbs I was extremely tired. I ate a bowl of pasta with an alcoholic beverage after months of yo-yoing between low to no carbs. Let me tell you, it was the worst experience EVER. I even passed out. The next day I felt like I had a really bad hang over. Since this day, I have not felt normal. Donít know what I did to myself but Iím anxious to fix it. Has anyone had this experience?

Looking forward to replies
    Kim

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes it takes a little while to get over. I noticed it took me a full week to recover from my monthly wings/fries/beer indulgence with the fam. Now there's NO beer, and half as many fries.

I also notice that when I get all carby, then stop, I get mondo carb cravings for no less than three days following. It's a very hard ditch to crawl out of. However, you DO recover. It just takes a bit of time. Halloween dinner was fantastic, but I indulged with cider, a bit of ice cream, fruits, etc. It's now Thursday and I feel much better. I think yesterday's 2-meal IF helped.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy1966 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I was trying low carb to no carbs. No carbs I was extremely tired. I ate a bowl of pasta with an alcoholic beverage after months of yo-yoing between low to no carbs. Let me tell you, it was the worst experience EVER. I even passed out.
    How long ago was your pasta/alcohol extravaganza?

Maybe you should consider uping your paleo acceptable carbs a bit, that way it's not such a drastic and difficult lifestyle for you. Some people do better in higher carb ranges than others.

This has been going on for over 2 yrs now! yes...2 yrs. I've tried everything to feel better, from high fiber food to even low carb again. Whenever I change my diet though, I feel worse. I just wish I knew what happened to my body. Something in me is now not functioning properly and I can't figure it out. I need carbs, when I don't eat them I feel horrible. Which really makes no sense to me, why?? I feel like I'm hypoglycemic but I'm not. Really...I'm not. Blood sugar is great, yet after I eat sometimes /almost always feel horrible. So confused.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I ate a bowl of pasta with an alcoholic beverage after months of yo-yoing between low to no carbs

this was 2 years ago?

yes. when from what I believe could have been a carb overload? crashed? so yes, the yo yo dieting first. then the outing with the pasta and alcohol.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I seriously doubt a carb overload or crash that happened 2 years ago is causing you to feel the way you do now. If you are doing the yo-yo thing frequently then that is probably the problem. Your body needs time to adjust.

How are you eating now and for how long?

Vitamin deficiencies?

I agree moo. well, I don't count carbs or protien, however, I do eat as healthy as I can and have the occasional binge i.e. pizza, pasta.
    I found that I am now so sensitive to food, I seem to always have that "crash" feeling no matter what I eat. I eat a cheese stick before bed, if I don't I always wake up hungry. another weird thing.