Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite primal menu for the day? page

lizch is offline Senior Member

What is your favorite primal menu for the day?

Shop Now
    My husband and I both grew up in England, where there's no Thanksgiving holiday. Roast turkey is the Christmas meat, so eating it any other time feels odd. So we evolved our own weird tradition. About now, I print up a blank menu for each person in the family, where they get to say what they want to eat at each meal. There's a place to add what they're thankful for, and a place to come up with some ideas for Christmas presents. The lovely thing about this tradition is that I keep the menus, and they're rather fun to read back through.

So, I'm thinking ahead to what MY menu will be. Previous years it's been obvious: croissants with honey, lots of chocolate, macaroni cheese, etc. But I literally don't even want to eat any of that. And most days I already LOVE what I'm eating.

So...any thoughts on a perfect, extra-indulgent primal menu for the day? Of course, everyone's different, but I'm curious what you'd all select.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Things I dont normally get to eat, but would love to eat everyday:

turducken
    lobster
    crablegs
    Batty's pumpkin cheesecake... OMG
    wild boar
    bacon explosion

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I think for me I would definitely have to indulge and try the "bacon burger turtle" for at least one meal
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

What's a bacon burger turtle? And what's a bacon explosion?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

goingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Yay! The bacon-turtle made another appearance. I love this thing.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Breakfast: Bacon, fried eggs over easy, spinach, apple hashbrown pancakes with berries and whipped coconut milk
    Lunch: chicken stoup topped with more bacon and crispy pepperoni, salad with garlic wine vinaigrette (homemade)
    Dinner: salad with bacon vinaigrette, rib eye steak, crab, shrimp, grilled veggies
    Dessert: chocolate butter over berries and pecans
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

WOW!!!

Really like the turtleburger idea. I'm not wild on hot dogs (ie. the taste/texture, so even healthy ones) so I'm going to mull over what I could use for the legs and head instead. My kids will be SO jealous of my menu as they chomp through their usual array of complete crap

Also love naiadknight's meals for the day...lots of things I love there.
    Liz.

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    apple hashbrown pancakes with berries and whipped coconut milk

What is this? sounds awesome.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I shred an apple, mix it with an egg and some cinamon. Scoop with a large table spoon, and create little pancake sized disks in the pan. Fry it in a pan with butter or walnut oil, flip when the bottom gets browned. It shouldn't flip perfectly unless you made them small enough to fit on the spatula, as it's still soft. Plate when (now) bottom is well browned. Whip up some coconut milk like heavy cream and top pancake with this and berries and (optional) pecans.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast