Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IF and headache page 2

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

You made it!

YAY for you...and dinner is going to taste oh so good.

:-D

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

I used to fast 3-4 days without even water to drink

Nothing special

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

??? I can't tell if that was a joke or not, it's not possible to survive 3 or 4 days without any water. That's how people die getting lost on hiking trails in the desert after like 48 hours.

Awesome job maba! I've done 16 and 18 hours, but not longer than that yet. Did your headache go away after the coffee?

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

maba is offline Senior Member

Kuno, the soup turned out pretty good, will post the recipe.

Wow Ethanol, that's impressive!

Hannah, yeah it went away soon after I had the coffee and some roasted chicken.

I should do this more often, I feel more active than usual and my appetite much less than usual.

I thought the headache would go away. I'm IFing today and I'm experiencing headache again. I had green tea but to no avail. I feel good after an IF but I only wish I could do away with this darned headache.

Maba, it's uncomfortable, but in my experience, it's likely toxins surfacing.

Usually, when detoxing (which is what your body does when it's healing during a fasting cycle), your 'symptoms' will increase.

This usually makes people 'give up' or say "It's not working" when fasting for health, when in reality, it's working just perfectly.

You will notice that it will diminish more and more with each new fast, but for now, it does stink!

Stick to your guns, stay away from caffeinated beverages and make sure that your 'eliminations' are ample (ie, take senna tea if you are not going #2). This helps flush the 'by-products' of the waste material that is being dumped by your cells at a rate that is faster than your body is able to comfortably handle right now.

Don't worry, It's all downhill from here ;-)

Thanks Sassa! I was beginning to wonder if IF doesn't work for me. I had my dinner and a big piece of 85% chocolate for the caffeine as I didn't want to drink coffee but my headache is still there. I'm resisting taking a tylenol. Maybe I'll apply some head-ache balm. I will look for Senna Tea.

nina_70 Guest

@maba - I'm just wondering if the headache got any better? I just did an IF yesterday (from lunch to this AM breakfast - this is my second IF ever.. and I have the most pounding headache...excactly like the one you described. My 1st IF was just like yours, lots of cravings...this time I had no problem w/ cravings, but ow...the head! It's definitely not caffeine for me since I got my usual coffee this AM (and don't drink any in the afternoons).

Nina, I'm quasi-IFing today. I had a tender coconut this morning and a cup of coffee w/ milk around noon. I'm feeling good today, no headaches so far. It's been 18 hours.

Apparently, having a headache on IF is a sign of the body detoxing. Also, make sure you are hydrated. Dehydration can cause headaches too.

I have to go on a "real" IF, ie no coffee or milk, to see if the headaches are really at bay.

nina_70 Guest

@maba - thanks. I'm going to try IF again next week sometime. Hopefully it's a detox thing for me too. My headache is nasty at the moment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast