Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primal fuel ?? page

bethany is offline Junior Member

primal fuel ??

Has anyone tried it yet ??? How is it ???

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I love the vanilla flavor (and I usually hate whey shakes, so this was shocking to me.) I drink some every day mixed with whole milk as a way to keep my protein and calories up, since my appetite is so poor right now. Just the fact that I'm willing to drink this consistently is great.

After the baby is out my appetite should return and I won't need them anymore.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

JLM
    JLM is offline Junior Member
    Tried Primal Fuel (vanilla) when it came out, fell in love with it and now have it autoshipped.

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I have both of them right now and they are both really good. They are good alone (with cold water) or extra good mixed with almond milk. I don't usually use the two scoops per serving because I just don't think it is needed, unless I am trying to get my protein up for the day.

Lina is offline Member
    I drink one serving almost every day. I mix it with a little ice and whole milk in the blender. It's the chocolate version, and has a slight coconut flavor. I really like it but hope I can learn to drink it with water more often. I just love milk for mixing these types of drinks though.

JLM
    JLM is offline Junior Member
    Lina,

I only add water, but a little less than recommended. Gives a rich, creamy texture and enhances the coconut taste. Give it a try.

Miam-miam.

BethanyK is offline Senior Member
    I like the vanilla better. I mix it with milk usually, but DH likes to mix the chocolate with water. Oh and I usually add frozen berries to make a decadent treat.

Right now, I'm getting burned out on it all though since my jaw and teeth are all screwed up. Mmm... liquid diets suck. :P

Paleobird Guest
    But what's up with the maltodextrin and sucrose in something that is supposed to be primal. I would buy it if he had an unsweetened version where I could add my own berries if I want.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Haha a few members were complaining about the same thing (and other things) on the forum just as it came out. Do a search on the blog for primal fuel and you'll probably see it.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But what's up with the maltodextrin and sucrose in something that is supposed to be primal. I would buy it if he had an unsweetened version where I could add my own berries if I want.
    Well, powder isn't primal, it isn't even a food in my opinion. Anyway if you want a powder without sugar I believe Optiimum Nutrition 100% Whey has a decent one. The sugar is probably to improve the plain and nasty taste of plain whey powders.....but like you said you can add your own more natural source, which I would agree with and did when I use to consume protein powder a few years ago.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast