Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has Primal Spouse/Partner and loves it? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

Who has Primal Spouse/Partner and loves it?

Primal Fuel
    I know a lot of people here have troubles getting their loved ones on board with primal eating, and I feel so bad for those of you in that situation

However, on sort of a positive spin, who here has a primal spouse/partner/housemate/loved one that is totally primal and you love it? What are some of the joys you experience?

For me, my husband has been an easy sell--he loves the idea of meat, fat and veggies.
    He loooooves his steak, but he usually eats his veggies first <3
    The other day they were sampling almond milk at the grocery store, and he said he loved it! I can't imagine many men loving almond milk on the first go (he said, "normal milk is just so plain! this actually has flavor!")
    And best of all...he loves the scent of garlic on my fingers after dinner and ACV in my hair in the shower

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My husband is Optimus Primal here in the forums. He's not 100%, but has found himself voluntarily becoming more pure primal as he goes -- losing his sweet tooth, etc. I suspect we'll both be a lot more hardcore once I can get fully on board post-baby.

It's certainly nice having his help with the primal cooking. And he makes us big salads every night for the next day... shops carefully when he's taking care of that... it's wonderful!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

drbrik is offline Member
    It took my wife 11 months, but after seeing how good I was doing, she finally came around and asked for my help in getting her on the PB path. Sure makes it easier now when cooking.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    My husband is on board as well and it certainly is nice! However I am the foutain of dietary knowledge in the family as he hasn't read any of the books. I have to chose the right opportunities to dispense the basics so that he can stay on track with meals away from home. Fortunately he trusts me, but he draws the line at food. When he saw the new pull up bar in the doorway he announced that no way was he going to do pullups and he would really have preferred a trapeze in the bedroom;>).

Annika is offline Senior Member
    My husband and I are both 80/20. We still eat more sugar, dairy, and potatoes than is ideal. Like Adrianag, I am the "brains" behind the operation as I read a ton about the primal lifestyle, and he hardly reads anything about it (although he did make it halfway through GCBC!). I can not imagine trying to eat primally with a spouse who was not on board.

My teenagers, on the other hand, are not very interested. My son is currently on a strict gluten-free diet due to a mysterious illness, so we have very little food in the house which contains wheat, and I think I might enforce a permanent ban on baking with wheat flour. My daughter, who loves to bake, is enthusiastic about learning gluten-free baking.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Brains behind the operation here also, but hubby is on board, luckily (although with very little conviction - I am pretty sure that if I were suddenly out of the picture, the primal eating would not last for long!).
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Sadly my S.O is not on board at all. My kids are 80% and they are only 6. My S.O is riddled with health problems but he will have to come to terms with that on his own. If he wants crap he has to buy it and cook it himself. He also has to keep them in a special place. LOL

I can reason with my kids because they are both interested in being healthy and they love sports. They come to me and ask "will this make me wide" or "is this healthy for me". We don't use the word fat to describe overweight, we use it when referring to food items.

Life with 80% primal kids is really great and makes things a lot easier. As with most children related things, starting them early is easier. Eating habits are much like discipline. There is a golden window. Don't miss it.
    Last edited by moo; 11-04-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: keyboard issues

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    my wife is one of those lucky few that has never had more than 5 or 6 extra lbs on her in her life. She has no problem leaning out if she wants. Now that I've been eating Primal for a month or so I see how she actually has been doing a 75-80% primal diet most of her life. So not intentional but now inspirational. She sees most of what Im doing as common sense. Funny, it never seemed common to me. But makes a lot of sense.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erikJ View Post
    my wife is one of those lucky few that has never had more than 5 or 6 extra lbs on her in her life. She has no problem leaning out if she wants. Now that I've been eating Primal for a month or so I see how she actually has been doing a 75-80% primal diet most of her life. So not intentional but now inspirational. She sees most of what Im doing as common sense. Funny, it never seemed common to me. But makes a lot of sense.
    Sounds like my husband. He IFed long before I found the term for it and eats most meat and some veggies. He still eats grains and potatoes, but even with that, he's about 70/75%.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love it!!

My SO had some lbs to lose, so he is my poster child for how easy it can be to shape up when eating primal. It's great not to worry about having bread and other junk in the house.

The only downfall is that everyone is always waiting for us to give it up. One piece of bread and you hear "so are you guys not eating primal anymore." It's super irritating, but we're both going to have bangin bods forever, and I definitely can't say the same about my non-primal friends.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast