Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I've just realised I can't recall when I last had a period! page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

Unhappy Ladies, I've just realised I can't recall when I last had a period!

Primal Fuel
    You know mine are buggered halfway to Hades anyway, but this is the longest I've gone without one. The last 10 days or so I've had what I thought were PMS pains (so I've been wearing big towels in preparation for the 'Big Whoosh'; well I'm still waiting) The pain isn't easing. I don't like taking too many pills, but I've been popping ibuprofen and paracetamol like sweets. I've been laying on my bed with a hottie on my tummy; that eases the pain a little, but only when the bottle's at its hottest.

How does one 'induce' a period, because I don't think I can put up with too much more of this agony. It comes in waves (hence my reasoning it's period pain) - goes from feeling like being kicked by a horse (and, yes, I DO know what that feels like - my sister's mangy mare kicked me once!) to just a dull throbbing (like a headache in my belly).

My forehead feels very hot - and quite 'tight' - too (but I couldn't tell you my temperature, because we don't know where the thermometer is).

Sorry, I shouldn't moan at you lot, you're probably thoroughly sick and bloody tired of me moaning...

Sarah xxx
    La tristesse durera toujours...

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Um...if it's been months since you had your period and you're having that kind of pain, I would go to the doctor. Some infections can present like that. 10 days is a long time...
    Or, at least buy a new thermometer to see if you've got a fever.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Just like in every other thread ... you gotta eat more. You're not getting your period because you're too thin... even if you think you're not.

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? I went menopausal at 41. Could you be perimenopausal?

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I know back when my periods would be late or skipped, the next one was always extra painful. But yeah, at your low weight I'm sure that's part of the irregularity.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I don't know much about your health care system or current situation (transportation, etc), but if it's possible, maybe it's time to see a doctor like melodius suggested. It would just be awful if you had contracted some type of bacterial infection that could easily be killed with by antibiotics, but dismissed it as PMS pain and it got worse. =[

Also, as someone who is having awful period-related cramps right this very minute, I feel for you. I'm at work, and I've been considering getting a cup of hot water from the kitchen down the hall just to hold against my abdomen. But with my luck, I'd spill it. =P
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's the reaction I get for uttering the words "low weight"? Didn't you say in a post just the other day that you're like 115 pounds?... And yet she also says you're 30% fat? How does that compute?

Regardless, you've already established through innumerable other posts that you're in an extremely aggressive weightloss mode and at your weight, that's more than enough to interrupt menstruation for some women. Even at much higher weights that's enough to interrupt menstruation for many women.

So yeah, that's how it sounds to me. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just telling you how it sounds. Friendly has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Jenny; 11-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    I have lost my period twice in my life - once when I my thyroid decided to die (was diagnosed hypothroid) and the other when I went into spontaneous menopause (gotta love the autoimmune disorders). I would encourage you to go have your hormone levels checked.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    but at the same time no dildos will be made out of it either
    I wouldn't be so sure... they sell kits now that let you do exactly that. I'd include a link, but I'm at work and it doesn't seem like a good idea to just start googling "make-your-own-dildo kit" and whatnot.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    iniQuity, seems I cannot drink my coffee when reading your posts.....got me again!
    Glad to hear you are happy with your body parts, wish taht was the case for more people! Dont give up hope on the cast project though.....everyone has to have a dream!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast