Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try the Candida diet? page

momofredheads is offline Senior Member

Anyone try the Candida diet?

Shop Now
    I know a while back I asked about the Gout for the husband but then I think it was Grizz that posted about Candida infections in the gut etc. Out of curiosity I did the saliva test this morning and sure enough it was positive, now granted I just came off a sugar induced coma over the past 2 days, but even prior to the indulgence I had wondered if I had suffered as well with the infection. I took the check test on the sight and I got a 16 which is definitely high. I have eczema and psoraisis as well.

I looked at the guidelines and I think I am going to go for it over the next 2 or 3 months, that is what they recommend for my score, I don't want to go the meds route which would make it quicker. Anyone ever do it? What probiotics have you used? Then I was reading about raw milk etc, I am not a dairy person per se, just the heavy cream or half and half in the coffee...would I have to sacrifice that? Just curious how long it took others. I am not eating anything else on that list other than mushrooms which I will cut out. But it seems I need to do the whole cleanse in order for it to die off already, because regardless of the sugar binge the past 2 days I am still having some of the crazy symptoms listed on the candida albican website and I am sure the binge just reactivated the gut again. I have always had the gas issue even several weeks into PB.

Sorry so many questions, but I know some of you have answers out there. Hope this all made sense.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I did it a few years ago for a month and it definitely worked. You really do need to be strict though to effectively kill the candida, so yes, I'd lose the dairy. I use natural pro-biotics like kombucha and sauerkraut or kimchi (home-made), besides I can't recommend brands since I don't live in the States.

Another thing that's worth doing is supplementing with coconut oil if you don't already use it. It has anti-fungal properties from the caprylic acid (I think?) that is awesome against candida.

Good luck!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    The candida diet isn't really that different to PB, except you can't have dairy, fruit or starchy vegetables. My candida was so bad that I had thrush in my mouth for a couple of years and a permanent yeast infection down below since I was a young teen. Anti fungal medicine would get rid of it for a while, then it would always return. It eventually cleared when I started green juice fasting and has never returned. I also supplemented with caprylic acid, olive leaf extract and probiotics. I also ate a ton of coconut products.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Thanks NourishedEm that is very good to know.
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Yeah StoneAgeQueen I remember you having a post a while back about die off and I was hoping you would hop on. Thanks for the info, I was having cream and occasional fruit and the starchy veggies mainly squashes. Once it is gone did you bring back, fruit, dairy or starchy veggies and if you did I imagine you are still clean from the infection?
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    Yeah StoneAgeQueen I remember you having a post a while back about die off and I was hoping you would hop on. Thanks for the info, I was having cream and occasional fruit and the starchy veggies mainly squashes. Once it is gone did you bring back, fruit, dairy or starchy veggies and if you did I imagine you are still clean from the infection?
    Hi Mom. I actually never really gave up dairy. I tried for a week or two but I found coconut milk in my coffee horrible, so I still used a bit of heavy cream, just less of it. The juice fasting was what blasted the candida issue away very quickly. It's tough though- especially in the cold weather. it hasn't come back apart from a minor yeast infection when I had to take anti biotics for an infection and it didn't last long at all.
    Fruit and starch free.

so then what exactly was the juice fasting you did....mainly juicing greens and supplementing it for meals? sorry for all the questions.
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I am doing it, imperfectly (dairy in chai being my one downfall). As Queen said, it's very similar to Primal anyway. I am adding in the raw sauerkraut and kimchee next and need to do a better job of keeping up with the apple cider vinegar. It is definitely helping (my absolute misery was the final straw and my primary motivation for finally going primal) and I'm making progress, but I am seeing that I am going to have to actively kill the Candida off, rather than simply starving it out (as the diet does).
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I have been following an anti Candida protocol for the last 2 years. I'm not as strict anymore (don't need to be) but I went from a non functioning sick in pain person to a healthy strong person. My thoughts are so much clearer now and my emotions are much more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    so then what exactly was the juice fasting you did....mainly juicing greens and supplementing it for meals? sorry for all the questions.
    Ask all the questions you want, I wish I'd had someone to help me!

I actually started juice fasting to improve my kidney function and a pleasant side effect was the candida improvement. The longest I did it for was about 8 days I think. My first fast only lasted two days as I felt so terrible from the detox. I built it up very gradually leaving at least a week between fasts. I drank a senna laxative tea every night to help me go to the bathroom every day. I usually made a greenish juice made from cucumber, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers and sometimes a seedless mild chilli pepper.
    Fruit and starch free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast