Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was grok religious? page

invino77 is offline Senior Member

Was grok religious?

Just a thought..I myself am grappling with faith right now. How does modern religion fit into the primal lifestyle?

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Superstitious? Probably. Religious? Unlikely.

localad is offline Senior Member
    God knows!
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Depends how far back and how primal we are talking here.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

peril is offline Senior Member
    I think Grok read philosophy and was a follower of Peter Singer
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I feel certain that earliest man (includes male and female) were filled with wonder. Why did day turn into night? Why did animals leave on seasonal migrations? Would they return? What caused seasons to change? Basically, what makes it all happen and why.

Even primitive people understood cause and effect. Things didn't just happen. There are indications that they believed in some force that they could not fathom controlling things. So those early people "knew" that someone or something had to be causing things to occur. From that religion developed.

There is an old science fiction story by James Blish. The book is "The Seedling Stars". Casts an interesting light on the question of religion, creation, and the force behind everything in life. It has been out of print for years, but I recommend that you look for it and read it. It really is a cool story. Also, a very short and easy read.

And, no, it isn't going to offend anyone or support anyone's ideas more than anyone else's. It will be a good read for agnostics, atheists, pagans, and whatever of the major religions you wish to list.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I think Religion and primal can certainly coexist, "primal" can only encompass what you want it to, for instance, plenty of folks here mostly adhere to the eating part of it, and that's fantastic. Others try to dwelve maybe a little deeper and start changing other aspects of their lives -- they might quit their gyms and start working out in nature, building their own equipment etc, they might start to question other aspects of Conventional Wisdom and making changes accordingly, they might forego shampoo and soap, etc, etc -- but that's not really something anybody's going to request of you. It's a personal choice.

That being said, I think religion is more a cultural hand-me-down than anything else. I was born in Peru, the entire country is pretty much Catholic and I was brought up that way, around 14-15 I started questioning things a little too much for my mom to like, but I couldn't stop my questions. Ultimately I distanced myself from the church. I figure had I been born anywhere else, or even to a different family I might have a slightly or wildly different set of beliefs. I'd be down with religion if there was just ONE thing that the world collectively agreed on, and wasn't constantly fighting about. It'd be much easier to be agnostic or atheist with less "options" around...

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    The earliest form of religion was Animism- where different elements had their own spirits. Rocks, trees, lightning, rain, etc. How and when this began, I have no idea.

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Its a very good question.. which just proves that humans love to question and think about things. So I also think that Grok would have asked how and why and would have been filled with wonder at the universe. I know I still am. When I look up at the star filled sky I wonder.. yet I know the scientific answers to why.. I am stilled filled with wonder at the whole universe and how it works!

Why did Grok make cave paintings? Was it for the fun of it or was it serious business for better hunting? Who knowes?

Religious I doubt Grok was, in the terms that we know today. But I do beleive he would have been so very much tied into the natural rythum of the land and himself. He was God unto himself.

shadowfoot is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't know about ancient Grok, but looking at modern day hunter-gatherers is very illuminating. Some groups are very religious, meaning that they not only have creation stories but they have rituals and specific gods that they worship. Other groups, such as the Piraha, are completely irreligious and do not even have a creation story. So religion is a cultural phenomenon, but it stems from a desire to understand the world, something that could really only be explained supernaturally before recent years with the advent of improved science.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast