Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help..... getting discouraged page

tracibee Guest

Shop Now

I have started eating all fruits, vegetables, meat, eggs and nuts for 2 weeks. I am getting discouraged as I have only lost 3 lbs. I have not had any starches, breads, grains and sugars since day one. I have just been going off the website but ordered the book just the other day. Any advice for me to keep me going?

Wendy1 Guest

Hi, Tracibee,

I'm new, too, so I am probably not the one to really give advice, but I'm sure others will respond, too. I can give support, though!! Sounds like you are doing well -- do you think it would help to log your food on fitday and see what kind of ratio of fats, protein, carbs you are getting?

I am on day 13, and have not lost much weight yet(even less than your 3 pounds) but can feel my body changing for sure. I have pants and shorts that are fitting better/differently, and can visibly see a more defined waist and neckline.

Two ideas that I am going to try next: having a few days of just meat and veggies and eggs (cutting out fruit and dairy, which I'm eating quite a bit of right now) and then having a few days where I fast for either one or two meals. Those might be things for you to try?

Also, how/ what kind of exercise are you doing?

Keep it up, and don't get discouraged!!!

-Wendy1

Catalina is offline Member

You're doing great!! Mark talks in the book about losing 1-2 pounds a week, and you're right in there. And, in addition to losing weight, you're making yourself extremely healthy. I know it seems like a long road at first, but you can do it--my experience has been that the weight loss stays consistent. (I've lost 12 pounds in about as many weeks--and that's a happy thing!) Keep coming back to the forum and staying involved. . .you'll get to where you want to go, and if you ever stall, folks here can help you take a look at your foods and exercise and suggest adjustments. The more you do it, the more you'll enjoy the food you're eating, too.

maba is offline Senior Member

If it's any consolation, I haven't lost any weight in 1 month. I'm not sure if I've lost body-fat either. But I'm definitely eating healthier and my arms look a little more toned than before.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

3 pounds in 2 weeks is great... how much do you have to lose? What is your workout schedule like?

cc40 is offline Junior Member

"Any advice for me to keep me going?"

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Feel confident because there has already been a change. I'd also suggest fitday or daily plate to start tracking your food intake. It made a huge difference for me to have tools like that. Keep up the great work.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Keep your intake below 50g of carbs for the first few weeks at least. I'd bet you're eating starchy vegetables and too much fruit. Stick to leafy greens only, and no fruit for a few weeks - remember, when Grok found fruit it was an occasional, not an everyday, thing.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Tracibee 3 lbs in two weeks is actually not a bad result. On many diets you might lose more weight in a shorter period of time but it is mostly water weight and not body fat.

Also your body is going through an adjustment phase and you might see weeks with small changes on the scale and weeks with big changes. My advice, stay off the scale! Let weight loss be a side effect of getting healthy, vibrant, and strong.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I am too a little discouraged as far as weight loss goes. I started two months ago with a weight of 120lb. I lost 3 lb in the first week, but then slowly but surely started to go up. Today I weighted myself and I was 125. I don't work out THAT much, so I really don't think it's a muscle weight. I'm confused.

I used to eat dairy, raw and organic, but now I cut it out completely to see what happens. I get 1-2 servings of berries or fruit a day. Mostly it's blueberries with ocassional peach.

I consume anywhere between 1,550 to 1,850 calories a day, give or take, and my breakdown on average is 50-100 carbs, 80-120 g of fats, and 75-120 g of protein. I eat free-range meats and cage-free eggs every day, and consume a lot of coconut oil, lard, and butter.

I walk pretty much every day for about an hour, do 1 day of weight lifting, one sprint a week, and usually go hiking on a weekend. What in the world is going on with my body and why is it moving the opposite direction? I don't have that much to loose but I certainly don't want to weight more than I did when I was eating crap.

Griff is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

@chocolatechip: That could easily be muscle gain. I would suggest restricting carbs down below 50g a day and avoiding fruit for a while. Also, use Ketostix to check to see if you're in ketosis.

Also, I'd avoid the scale except on a once-a-month basis. Any more than that and it's like checking your stock prices every day; it becomes meaningless.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast