Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long-Term Primal Journal - GeriMorgan page

GeriMorgan Guest

Long-Term Primal Journal - GeriMorgan

Shop Now

Here we go: a more permanent home for my daily logs. Turns out I like bragging about mah fudz on the Internet.

Breakfast: A huge garden salad (not the restaurant kind, but the EVERYTHING CAME FROM MY GARDEN kind) with chicken, seasonings, and rice wine vinegar. Also some nuts.

Lunch: A Carl's Jr. Famous Star, lettuce-wrapped, with Santa Fe sauce. It's a habit of mine when I get fast food.

Snack: Pork skins.

Snack: Mixed berries with yoghurt.

Dinner: Fried beef, fried mushrooms, salad with Litehouse bleu cheese dressing.

Walking: Went grocery shopping.

Grokking: A short game of one-man Frisbee.

GeriMorgan Guest

Ugh. I was all set to do another one of DFS's workouts, but I'm still sore today - in fact, I think I'm more sore than I was yesterday. (Grocery shopping is hard on the recently-exercised body.) So I'm going to rest, eat plenty of good Primal food, take a long walk, and try again tomorrow.

GeriMorgan Guest

Had a lovely and productive (hah!) day off. Did no walking beyond regular daily use, but I did clean the kitchen.

Breakfast: Salad, scrambled eggs with mushrooms, almonds.

Snacks: More nuts (made the mistake of leaving them out on the counter while I cleaned the kitchen - bad idea) and some pork skins.

Lunch: A cheeseburger and some leftover spinach.

Dinner: Meatloaf, fried squash, "winter blend" vegetables (broccoli & cauliflower), half a beet. (Was a big beet.)

GeriMorgan Guest

Okay... let's see if I can remember what I ate.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with fried onion and green pepper, black coffee.

Lunch: A small amount of ground beef, cheese, and sour cream, leftover winter blend, spicy pork rinds.

Snack: Some nuts, noshed over a period.

Dinner: Chili sans beans with some cheese. (Others had chili burritos, made from these whole wheat flax wrap things.

Walking: Two trips down the driveway, one of which was partially barefoot.

Grokking: One (somewhat shortened) round of DFS's Crawl/Sprint. That was all I could take.

GeriMorgan Guest

Breakfast: Chili (sans beans, as usual), strawberries with almond butter.

Lunch: Fried chicken gizzards w/onion and garlic, leftover zucchini, leftover beet.

Snack: A few bites of cold chili (ate around the beans).

Dinner: Leftover chicken gizzards, a piece of bratwurst, fried chard, a slice of curry zucchini bread, a tomato.

Walking: Nothing to speak of.

Grokking: Practiced riding my bicycle. Discovered it has a flat tire.

GeriMorgan Guest

I was all set to do IF today, but stuff got in the way. I ate relatively little anyway.

Snack: Nuts.

Brunch: Zucchini pancakes - the result of our zucchini-flour experiments, made mainly from zucchini, coconut, and eggs. It didn't have a very pancakey texture, but it was very good.

Snack: A few more nuts (like, two or three) and some bites of ice cream batter.

Dinner: Curry chicken soup.

Dessert: Homemade ice cream. Contains honey and half-and-half. Totally worth it (especially since I make it myself).

Grokking: Cleaned the car for about forty minutes. It needs more cleaning, though.

GeriMorgan Guest

Okay... it's been awhile since I posted here. Life - and my carefully scheduled video gaming time - has kind of gotten in the way of rigorous fitness. And, frustratingly, I don't seem to be losing anything - I'm still stuck at 184 lbs. and pretty much the same body size. I've been trying nearly everything. I cut out bread, honey, beans, dairy, and most fruits. Still trying to give up the nuts, but they're far too convenient of a snack.

So, for yesterday:

Fud: I honestly wasn't paying that close of attention. I ate mainly nuts and veggies and odd stuff like that.

Walking: Walked down the driveway and back. Yaaaay.

And today:

Breakfast: Nuts; leftover broccoli with cheese.

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with veggies.

Snack: Spicy pork rinds.

Dinner: Fried pork, spinach, fried veggies.

Walking: Went on a walk of indeterminate length (not too long) with my little brother.

I'm going to go to sleep tonight, then get up and go on a walk tomorrow morning. I guess I should mention the reason I haven't been walking as much: I'm avoiding my grandmother. The last couple of times that I went out, I ran into my overly-chatty grandmother, who drives me absolutely crazy, so I'm scared to go walking again for fear I'll have to listen to her chatter about her cats or her latest project or gossip about her kids when it's NONE OF MY FREAKIN' BUSINESS and... yeah. So I'm just going to go walking somewhere where she doesn't hang out.

GeriMorgan Guest

Nuts. I have got to start writing down what I eat again. I'm having trouble remembering everything.

But here's for yesterday:

Breakfast: Coffee with a touch of cream (not losing weight anyway... figured I'd give myself that), scrambled eggs with veggies.

Lunch: Er... I honestly can't remember if I ate lunch. I know there were some nuts and spicy pork rinds in there, but that's all I can recall. This is why I need to write this stuff down.

Dinner: Beef steak, broccoli with cheese and grated carrot.

Walking: A 30-minute hike with my little brother and small cat. The brother appreciated the walk; the cat, not so much. She doesn't appreciate the dogs, and spent much of the walk clinging to my shoulder and growling.

GeriMorgan Guest

Oh, yeah, and I also drank some cream from the carton. Very naughty of me. Did it again today, too.

GeriMorgan Guest

Here's the scoop: I'm working on launching a website for Primal and low-carb recipes. (I'm also lazing.) Consequentially, I'm a tad busy. Consequentially, I forgot everything I ate day before yesterday. I do remember that I didn't get a walk in.

But for yesterday:

Breakfast: Veggies and some nuts.

Lunch: The insides of a Sonic chicken wrap.

Snack: A WinCo salad containing iceberg lettuce, carrots, cabbage, spinach, craisins, sliced almonds, and some kind of cheese, topped with some less-than-stellar (but very low-sugar) ranch dressing.

Dinner: Roasted chicken with some unidentifiable seasonings (also picked up from WinCo), cauliflower with cheese, a bite or so of peas.

Walking: Went grocery shopping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast