Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long-Term Primal Journal - GeriMorgan page 2

GeriMorgan Guest

Primal Fuel

Breakfast: Hot coffee with some cream (ditching it doesn't seem to be helping, so I figure I'll go ahead and use a little -- it helps me to avoid nuts, anyway), strawberries with yoghurt and a "splash" of cream (srsly, what is a splash anyway?).

Lunch: A hamburger patty with cheese.

Somewhere in here: Leftover cauliflower with a bite or so of peas, a few (less than a handful of) hazelnuts.

Dinner: Salad, pork sirloin baked with homemade Cream of Mushroom soup. (The tips on cooking sirloin were very helpful. The pork was very tasty, and while it was still dry, it wasn't soak-up-all-your-saliva dry like I've had it sometimes.) The soup was made from cream, milk, onion, mushrooms, celery, and a bit of corn starch.

Snack: A bit of leftover pork.

No walking. Busy working on website; not quite ambitious enough to haul my butt outside.

I've been noticing something weird the past couple of months. Normally, when I get my period, I have a day of horrible cramps. Usually this is the first or second day. Now, when I say horrible, I mean agonizing, gut-wrenching, crawl-in-bed-and-stay-there cramps.

For the past two months, I can't recall having anything of the sort. This time in particular, I've found myself expecting to fall to a wave of pain and, for the past three days, feeling absolutely nothing. All the pre-horrible-cramp symptoms are there - bloating, gastrointestinal discomfort, bowel evacuation - but when it's actually gotten to the cramping bit, no pain. I feel a bit of tension - my uterus is obviously chugging away - but for the first time in seven years I find myself able to work through it, usually completely unaware that there's anything going on.

I'm only three days in, so I'm not sure if the cramps are completely gone, but if they are I'll definitely make a post of it. (I've also noticed a lessening of some of my other symptoms - in particular, my incredible ability to be too hot and too cold at the same time.)

On an entirely different note, I weighed myself this morning. (I don't normally weigh myself during my time of month, due to water retention throwing everything off, but as I was decidedly un-bloated this morning I thought I'd give it a go.) As I've mentioned, I've been stuck at 183.5-184.5 for the past several months, with one drop to 181.5 a few weeks ago which I had since chalked up to a fluke.

However, I weighed again today, and that same number popped up again.

I want to know what's going on here. I'm guessing it's water weight, but I'm also guessing that means that I'm doing something that is enabling me to shed that water weight, which means I've probably also geared my body to start losing weight. (I know, I know... weight is not the ultimate goal and all that. But I have many, many pounds of excess fat that I have GOT to get off my butt before I spend too much time focusing on muscle gain. This is why I haven't been too worried about working out, to be honest. It seems kind of counter-productive, though I do want to go with a once-weekly thing.)

Problem is, I'm not sure what I'm doing differently. The only thing I've noticed is that it happens when my overall

GeriMorgan Guest

...food consumption is down.

I don't know why it cut off there. That's weird.

So, for yesterday:

Breakfast: Coffee and some pecans.

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with vegetables and soy sauce.

Snack: A quarter of an English muffin.

Snacks: More nuts.

Dinner: Beef stir fry with green peppers, onions, and beans.

Walking: Nothing.

>XD Ph33r my unPrimalness. Really, yesterday was kind of bottom-of-the-barrel.

GeriMorgan Guest

Here's the dope: I'm down with a cold. Have been for the past three days. I'm eating Primally (aside from cream; cutting myself a little sick leeway here) and resting a lot. Will be back to more normal activities soon.

GeriMorgan Guest

O-kay! Back on the radar today.

Breakfast: Nuts, cauliflower with cottage cheese and salsa.

Snack: Hot chocolate.

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with garlic, onion, and beef tallow.

Snack: More nuts.

Dinner: Fried chicken, broccoli/cauliflower mix with rice wine vinegar, small amount of peas with cheese.

Snack: ...more nuts.

As you can see, my dietary habits are way out of whack. I ate a lot of hot chocolate and nuts while sick (I'm still a bit sick, but doing better), and they're a tricky habit to drop. I'm working on it.

Walking: Had a short walk (probably about seven minutes - would have liked to go longer, but there was no one to tell Mum where I was going).

GeriMorgan Guest

Hzbgh... let's see if I can remember what I ate today.

Breakfast: Coffee with some cream, scrambled eggs with onion. Yes, finally I actually cooked something! Woo!

Lunch: Er... shoot... I think there was lunch. There was leftover broccoli and cauliflower with cheese, and pork skins with cheese and some salsa. I think that covers it.

Snacks: Nuts and some hot chocolate. (Decided to see if dried zucchini would be good with hot chocolate. It wasn't.)

Dinner: Ratatouille (my awesome recipe, going on the website) with beef.

Walking: A walk down the driveway and back.

GeriMorgan Guest

Can't remember exactly what I ate yesterday. There was coffee, scrambled eggs, half a peach, some nuts, some strawberries with cream, and then beef stir-fry for dinner. That's most of it, anyway.

Grokking consisted of cleaning the car. Not the most ambitious, I know.

Now here's something I'm finding weird: Throughout the entire Primal Challenge, I could not lose weight. I meticulously cut out all the things I thought were holding me back, and was otherwise very careful. Nothing (aside from a potential drop once).

Last week, I got sick. As a consequence, I didn't eat normal food; I subsisted mainly on fruit, nuts and hot chocolate (with meat and veggies for dinner). Today I'm down to 180.0, and I'm noticing a narrower profile in the mirror.

Wazzup? I dunno. Currently the hypothesis is that I wasn't getting enough fat, since both cream and nuts (which I was consuming in large quantities) are full of fat. I don't know what's going on, but henceforth I will enjoy my cream-drenched berries without guilt.

GeriMorgan Guest

I was dreaming about eating raw meat last night. Mmm, tasty.

So here's what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast: Coffee, scrambled eggs with onion.

Snack: Berries with cream.

Snack: A handful of nuts.

Dinner: Roast turkey with turnips, fried summer squash.

Walking: Nothing.

And I'm back up to 183. LOLWHUT? Sometimes I doubt that I will ever figure out exactly what makes my body tick. In any case, I need to get in some exercise today.

GeriMorgan Guest

Okay... I think part of my problem here is that I'm too spastic. I'll try something for about a week, and if I don't see any results I start freaking out and doing something else. (Picked up that mentality from Atkins, I'm afraid. When one starts that, results tend to happen really fast.)

So I'm going to scale back to the basics. Eat a lot of fat (I don't think I was getting enough), eat some fruit, walk regularly. Probably one day of DFS's workouts per week instead of four. I'd really like to see the scales go down a bit before I worry about building much muscle. (Because seriously, 183 is too much for a 5'3 woman. Ever.)

GeriMorgan Guest

Oy, I forgot to mention this: for dessert, I had a berry cobbler. Naughty ingredients were oatmeal and honey. Everything else was completely Primal.

Breakfast today: Coffee.

Lunch: Turkey casserole.

Snack: Strawberries with cream.

Dinner: Further turkey casserole.

Walking: Took a long hike with the little brother. Climbed a hill. Got bitten by a lot of mosquitoes.

GeriMorgan Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Once again, I haven't been updating with mah fudz. I suppose I'm wondering just what the point of it is. I can meticulously track and write down everything I eat, or I can just eat. It doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. It also doesn't seem to make any difference whether I walk every day or not. *tired!emo* Which would prolly be why I haven't been walking, devoting my time instead to studying cosmology and working on my website and sitting around on the Internet looking at random junk.

I'm at a low, really. I'm not sure why. It might be the half of an English muffin I ate the other day, but I really doubt it. I just feel like crap. Here I am, working my butt off to try and change the things I detest about my life and nothing is happening. (Except that I've learned how to squat on the toilet, which is kind of fun.) It's almost like some grand cosmic force is working against any sort of improvement. I'm feeling really frustrated. To be quite honest, I want nothing more than to sit around and watch telly the rest of the night.

Since that wouldn&#39;t be productive, though, I suppose I&#39;ll make myself do something else. Even if I spend all that time working on a project that doesn&#39;t really matter <strike>at the moment</strike> period. I think I need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12