Primal Fuel
    Day 14:

B: 2 egg scramble with spinach and green pepper
    L: Chipotle carnitas salad with grilled onions and peppers, and salsa
    D: 4 eggs made into an egg salad with mayo and mustard
    S: Dark chocolate

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 15:

Didn't get as much sleep as I'd like. Only got about 5 1/2 hours, but still woke up feeling great.

Got on the treadmill for 45 minutes of walking/jogging.

B: 3 eggs
    S: Almond butter (as always)
    L: Chicken salad (canned chicken and mayo)
    S: Celery with almond butter (what would I do without almond butter?) plus some dark chocolate
    D: Chicken Chili Soup with avocado (very good)
    S: Leftover chicken salad and a couple dried plums

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 16:

Got a later start than usual this morning. I set my alarm for 5 instead of 4:30 this morning since I was up a little later, but even then I stayed in bed until about 5:30.

Rolled out of bed and did a LHT workout consisting of pushups, leg lifts, squats, pullups, planks, and overhead press. Only did one set, though, due to time constraints. Will do another set tonight.

B: Smoothie with frozen berries, coconut milk, banana, and spinach. Missing my protein powder, though. It certainly seemed to add some needed flavor. Also, had 4 pieces of bacon.
    S: Polished off my dark chocolate bar. Think I'll try to hold off buying another one for a while. I'm too tempted to indulge when they're around.
    L: Finished off the Chicken Chili Soup from last night and the rest of the chicken salad from yesterday.

Not sure what I'm doing for dinner tonight. I picked up the ingredients for Meatza last night so if I have the time, I'll put one together tonight. However, I also saw Mark's email newsletter about IFing, so I might go for that tonight and skip dinner. Playing it by ear right now.

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 17:

Well, it was a big fail on the fast last night. I made brats for the kids, but only one of them wanted one, so I had 3 left that I had cooked. So, I broke down and ate two of them. They tasted good, too. And to top it off, I had a couple of dried plums for a dessert, and later that night I had about 6 pieces of bacon as a snack.

On the plus side, though, I did get in my second set of exercises for my LHT workout. Another set of pushups, leg lifts, planks, overhead press, and squats.

I know I overdid it a bit on the food last night. However, when I weighed myself this morning, I was actually down a pound. Amazing. I know day to day fluctuations don't mean that much, but I felt good to see I wasn't up several pounds, at least.

This morning I got up feeling great and did 45 minutes of walking/jogging on the treadmill.

B: 3 egg omelet with onions and mushrooms

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 17 (cont'd):

L: Salad with romaine, balsamic vinaigrette, tuna salad
    S: Almond butter with celery
    D: Steamed broccoli and chicken salad
    S: Dried prunes & more chicken salad

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 18:

Workout: 45 minutes on the treadmill walking/jogging.
    B: 2 eggs with onions, mushrooms, green peppers, spinach
    S: Almond butter
    L: Salad with romaine, balsamic vinaigrette, tuna salad

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 18 (continued):

D: A couple of slices of Meatza (tasted awesome)
    S: Some almonds, a beer, and a few prunes

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 19:

Wow! What a night. My son got sick a couple times during the night so I was up with him and then couldn't get back to sleep. I was exhausted this morning only getting about 4 hours sleep, so I decided to skip my workout this morning and stay in bed for a little extra rest.

Another downer this morning was when I stepped on the scale and my weight had gone down, but my body fat had jump almost a full percentage point. Hope this is just a scale issue.

B: Smoothie with vanilla protein powder, some frozen berries, and a banana. This new vanilla protein powder is a little overpowering so I think I'll only use 1/2 scoop next time.
    S: Made a couple pieces of bacon.
    L: A nice Pepperjax steak salad with some hot salsa

omajoe is offline Member
    Day 19 continued:

It was a busy night. After I picked up my daughter from basketball practice, I ran home, got my son ready for Cub Scouts and we headed down to the Pinewood Derby. I grabbed an apple to snack on. When I got home later that night, I made some hard boiled eggs and turned 3 of them into egg salad. There is just nothing better than fresh egg salad while the eggs are still warm. Talk about comfort food. I also had a glass of hot herbal tea and some prunes for dessert.

omajoe is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 20:

I was supposed to get up early for a meeting, but after Thursday night being so short, I decided to sleep in. I got up around 7:15 instead of the originally planned 5 am. I had to run my daughter to basketball practice so I didn't get a workout in. I thought I'd get it in later in the day, but no luck. On the other hand, I was busy around the house all day, only sitting down once or twice. Otherwise, I was picking up, doing chores, and playing with the kids.

B: 3 egg omelet with mushrooms, green peppers, and onions
    L: 2 slices of Meatza (probably too much for lunch, because I felt pretty sluggish not long after)
    D: Some shrimp sauteed in butter and garlic
    S: This is where I really slipped. I snacked all night. Dark chocolate, prunes, a few spoonfuls of ice cream, and a couple bowls of popcorn. (I guess that'll have to go in the 20% part of the eating rules).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast