Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 9

Carolyn Ross is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi , I am a newbie & have just read the Primal blueprint. Can you verify for me the amount of protein I should have for lunch or dinner. I am a female aged 59 & pretty active - I walk 6 days a week & some weights & excercises myself. I have been diagnosed borderline diabetic, have given up sugar & carbs but nothing has moved so far

PALEO KING is offline Junior Member
    Aloha!

My "Paleo Birthday" was 12:01, February 11, 2012. I am 100% in this for the long haul. Everything about the "change" is what I needed. My eye sight is better, I have more energy and the best part, I no longer have acid reflux/heart burn.

I cook everyday...I mean EVERYDAY! No more fast food, sugar, wheat, dairy, peanuts, potatoes! While I am still new at this, I really don't miss the "bad things" that I use to eat.

What I can tell the other newbies is "hang in there"! Trust me, it gets easier.

Aloha'z and Primal for Life!

greytgrokette! is offline Junior Member
    I went Paleo 6 days ago, but it's been a long journey to get here. My sis introduced me to the Paleo lifestyle in late Oct. Since I wanted to work towards it gradually, I concentrated on cutting off sugar and grains over the next couple of months. I had difficulty cutting off sugar, but discovered that both the sugar and wheat were triggering my sugar binges. I was about to go full out Paleo towards the middle of last month, and did have a major bout of Carb flu, but was at the point where I was ready to make it a permanent lifestyle choice when my mom died. I went off Paleo for a couple of weeks due to the severe stress of dealing with the estate. But even so, never did any major binges on sugars and wheat, and was eating Paleo 50% of the time. I reached a point where I was ready to make the leap on Feb 19th, and am now full time Paleo, and intend to make this a permanent lifestyle choice. I was 185 lbs, and have lost 5lbs, this past week. And didn't get a second bout of the carb flu, when I went Paleo again. I'm looking forward to feeling better, more energy, and looking leaner in the coming months. I've had ongoing problems with allergies, and other minor health problems, and already my asthma is better. For me it's a major relief that I've finally found something that gives me energy, and really works for me,and makes me feel actually healthy.

Simpleart is offline Junior Member
    It's bogus there's no amazon. Com version of the original Primal Blueprint book. Will it be coming back to Amazon?

sharty is offline Junior Member
    I am new to this posting stuff. I cannot seem to figure out how to start a thread. Is it in my profile page? I thought I started one but it doesn't show up. How and where does one begin a thread? Thanks for your help !!
    Don' be afraid.
    No hurry, no worry.
    Started 2/15/12, 5'07 / 168

GalwayGirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi FitJean, I started by just reading all and any articles on marks website that interested me. I only ordered marks book the Primal Blueprint'' and by the time it arrived i had lost 10lbs! so Most of the information is on the website. I would start there, continue your journey while waiting for your book to arrive!

rosie is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for all the support, I am a Primal 2 day old so I just trust i am doing ok. Have tried going low carb previously but got so sick I had to give up but this time I know to have some salt! is it that easy?

Tandi is offline Junior Member
    I am new here... female, age 49 and I want to be healthier, stronger, and thinner, like I used to be! And I as naturally more primal---walked/biked, ate protein and veggies, etc. And was younger.
    In my 40s---I now believe that with traditional medicine and conventional "healthy" diet info I've really messed up. I need to lose at least 45 pounds (I'm estimating). Nothing else I've tried has worked (except the first two weeks of South Beach, which is basically primal---meat and veggies).
    When I was about 43, I gained 30 pounds on top of the last remaining post-pregnancy weight (I had a baby when I was 42). I gained those 30 pounds very rapidly while taking prednisone for an undiagnosed allergy (10 pounds during each round of medication) ...and it's stayed with me for the last several years, no matter what I seem to do diet or exercise-wise.

I went primal about a month ago, but I've strayed some (ugh girlscout cookies--my daughter is a daisy. And some "healthy"--ha ha---whole grains). Now I'm determined to really stick to it---I feel so much better physically, stronger and more energetic when I do!

This thread (along with other info, posts, articles) is really inspiring to me. Thanks to everyone for sharing. Hopefully in a month or so I'll have good news to report on weight loss and general health.
    Last edited by Tandi; 03-30-2012 at 06:22 AM.

chedding is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I am new to the forum and have been drifting in the Primal world since December 2011. Today, I finally took the big jump and joined the forum. I am a 47 year old female. I have been on a weight roller coaster since my pregnancy in 1998. Before my pregnancy, I was an accomplished equestrienne, and ski instructor. Sure, with various injuries, I would gain a few pounds, but it always came off...

During my 3rd trimester, I gained an astounding 85 pounds. My pregnancy was medically uneventful- normal blood pressure, normal blood sugar, all tests were great. I thought well, this will be a little harder this time... I had no idea it was the start of a crazy uphill battle that would consume my life. After the birth of my beautiful, healthy 10lb, 22 1/2 inch boy via c-section, I started my power walks and the 2 shakes and a sensible dinner plan. That worked kind of, but when I got up to several miles per day of walking in the mountains, and down to 3 shakes per day and not loosing a pound, I went to see the doctor. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. Since then, I have found out I have an autoimmune thyroid disease called Hashimoto's and I also found out I have Celiac Disease. My son is also Gluten Intolerant.

So, I have been gluten free for quite some time, I do feel better, but this weight will not come off. After reading the book, which made sense to me, my journey begins! Even being gluten free, I am still a carb addict. Since I starting loosely following the Primal Lifestyle, I have lost some weight, but the way my body has changed is still amazing me. When I have lost weight in the past, it came off in different areas. This time it is different, and for the amount of weight I have lost vs. the size drop in my clothes doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take it! I am 5'8" and started in December at 265 lbs, and am now hovering around 245, which is way too much, but you gotta start somewhere. My pre-pregnancy weight was 125-130. I don't know if I will ever be there again, but I know I don't want to ever be where I was. So, here I go!

davidfox is offline Junior Member
    day 1 of the primal life change and im completely lost

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast