Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 8

jodybic is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone, I am new here and have recently started to look more into this lifestyle. I knew something was going on with me when I cringed at when people mentioned only eating egg whites!

I hope to learn alot here!

FitJen,

I am with you as far as pulling away from other foods like donuts and cookies! (sometimes I wish we could be healthy eating those foods, how much easier would it be!). we can support each other!
    I just bought the quick and easy cookbook also and so far it looks amazing! Someone suggested to me that the 21 day jumpstart was perfect for new peeps like us. It has a lot of quick reference stuff. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeFan14 View Post
    Hi all, I'm also new here. I'm Wendy, age 46. I started 1/2. Motivations: I weigh about 40 pounds more than I would like to, I'm chronically tired and congested, and my knees and I are not on speaking terms.

After 8 days eating this way, I realized yesterday that my chronic congestion does not seem as bad... I can breathe for once! I haven't hopped on the scale since I started, but my pants are looser. I'm still sluggish, but I figure that will improve with time.

That is awesome Wendy! Gives me more motivation to make this a lifestyle!

Chiara is offline Junior Member
    Mark, could you put in PDF form the PB Sprint Workout Log and PB Essential Movement Workout Log sheets that are in the back of your new Updated and Expanded Primal Blueprint book you just released (and I bought! Love it.)? It would be great and easy for us who like to keep track like this of workouts in written form and have with us during workouts. Also where we could go back and look to check on progress, etc, and where improvement or changes are needed, etc. It's to see if you're making progress.

If you can't, no problem. Just wondering.
    Last edited by Chiara; 01-19-2012 at 02:43 PM.

GoozerGrok is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone! I have jumped in with both feet and am not looking back. I finally found something that made everything I have truly known inside of me regarding health click into place. I send thoughts and prayers of courage and self-discipline to all who have decided to go Primal! I am a 57 year old female, I'm 5'9" and when I started my 'it's time to get healthy' kick back in October I was miserable inside. I didn't change what was eating at that time I just down-sized my portions. From October to December I went from 247lbs to 239 or so. I was introduced to Mark's 21 Day Transformation right before Christmas by a friend that owns a Yoga Company. About every 4-6 months she and her partner in the business offer Mark's 21 Day Transformation to their clients. Well, she invited me to join in... I was still feeling heavy, tired all the time and down right defeated because I thought l was doing what I needed to do in getting 'healthy. She saw the error of my thinking and sent me an invite to the 'Challenge' on Jan. 1. I read everything I could get my hands on. The Monday after Christmas I tip-toed into the concept and continued to read and read and read. On January 2, (don't ask why not the first!) I jumped in with both feet, armed with amazing knowledge, that all of the sudden made sense to me. It's still amazes me how everything I knew deep inside and what my body has been trying to tell me all these years, again, clicked into place. Today is the 20th of January and I am at 218 lbs! I haven't seen the teens in 12 years!! That's 20 lbs in less than 3 weeks folks! I have more energy than I, on some days, know what to do with. It's like the energizer bunny!

I will never, be able to thank Mark and his family, his staff and all of the amazing people on this website and most importantly my friend enough in this life time for the gift that has been given to me.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community, getting to know you all and sharing/receiving stories, ideas, advice and whatever else the Spirit moves us to do!!

God Bless! And Grok on! (Mark what an amazing visual you have created in your buddy Grok!) Thanks Again
    Last edited by GoozerGrok; 01-20-2012 at 09:09 AM.

I'm 47 not 57!!! I thought I fixed that.

Heragain is offline Junior Member
    Hi, first day today. Tried every diet known to man; had success with most of them but once returning to old habits, most of the weight crept right back on! Am fed up with "what I eat today I will wear tomorrow". Primal makes so much sense so fingers crossed.....

Heragain welcome aboard! Take it slow and don't think about what you can't have, think about all the amazing dishes you can create. I have been having so much fun! Give it 3 weeks for sure. What keeps me going is I don't deny myself ever, I just tell myself I can have what ever I want when I get down to the size God made me to be. In a little over 3 weeks I have lost 15 lbs, I have a ton of energy and I am thinking more clearly at work. Hang in there...it's all good!

Heragain is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your welcome. Definitely a little bit of carb flu this morning; headache and struggling for energy. Been here before so I know it will pass. However, feel much less bloated and gut is definitely more comfortable. Am determined to make changes for life with this!

Michelle Grey is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I started eating primal a week or so ago and am still struggling with this cruddy carb flu thing. Headaches and NO ENERGY. How long is this going to last? My house is such a mess not to mention not feeling like exercising. Help.. Getting discouraged.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast