Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 7

amanda6393 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi all! Yes, I'm a newbie!
    Basic rundown: I was having stomach and digestive issues for years which were gradually getting worse, on top of carrying too much body weight since puberty (I'm now 34!). Yoyo dieted for years (silly me!) and I finally said enough is enough in September 2010 at 5'7" (175cm) and 194lb (88kg). I decided there just has to be an easier way. Got my hands on a book called The Gabriel Method and something just clicked. While the book isn't totally primal based, it started me thinking about my nutrition in a totally different way and got me started on omega 3 fatty acids, digestive enzymes, live food and increasing my protein. I was loosely following the book on and off until August 2011 when after visiting a nutritionist for some time discovered I have a fairly severe casein intolerance. Finally! I have an answer. Since removing dairy and wheat from my diet (vast improvement!) I lost a few kilos very quickly and came across the PB website last month (September 2011) and instantly adopted the lifestyle. I've since lost a further 4kg in about 5 weeks and am currently sitting on about 79.5kg. I finally feel I'm on my way and the weight is coming off naturally rather than forcefully! I'm not obsessing about food like I was on previous "diets" and I'm rarely hungry between meals. Although I haven't lost much according to the scales, I'm feeling fantastic and fit, and my shape is starting to change with muscle slowly increasing.
    I have never worn a bikini, so have made that my goal. Will post before and after pics when I feel the change is substantial. It's amazing reading other people's posts and seeing the radical transformations! Grok on! Amanda

lisawantstolose is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

My name is Lisa and I am 61 years old, 60 pounds overweight, and have a heart condition. I want to lose weight and heard about this program from some messages under a Dr. Oz website, I think. I just ordered the book and am waiting for it to be delivered in the next week or so. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of information on this site.. is there any suggestions you can give me to help me find out the basics and not be overwhelmed...or at least some good info until my book comes in. I want to be healthy for my grandchildren and be around to see them grow up.
    Thanks for any help you can give me... and hopefully I can find my way back to this website to find the answers.
    Have a great day!
    Lisa

lisawantstolose is offline Junior Member
    Can anyone help me? Just got the book yesterday... and am getting ready to start Primal living. My question is... I have posted once or twice.. and can't find the post to go back to.. to see my answers. So I may not get back to this one.?? Anyway, is there a way to set up somewhere the posts that I want to continue to post in and look at? Does that make sense?? So if I ask a question, how can I get back to it, without going thru pages and pages to look for it, to get my answer? Thanks for any help you can give me... if I can find it.

Tbtracy is offline Junior Member

Vacation at all inclusive resort

Finding myself in a bit of a panic. Going to Mexico for 8 days. Always go every year with friends. Pattern on past vacations has been lots of activity but also lots of drinking. Only just getting started with the Primal lifestyle. Been 6 weeks with no grains or sugar. Little more dairy than I should. Have lost 5 lb so far. Energy has really started to increase. Just looking for some input on how to stay semi primal. I think I'll be ok with food. Lots of buffets so I can make wise choises. The drinking is another story. Red wine is awful in Mexico and I know I'm going to be indulging in alcohol a lot more than I would at home. If I do will I have to start all over with the carb-flu etc when I get back. Any advise?

Londonlad is offline Junior Member
    Did you find you felt tired in the early stages. Im on day 3 and i am so tired.

SanMan10100 is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    I am a newbie as you can probably see. I was looking for alternatives to bread b/c I need to go shopping today to start off on the right foot. I noticed that a member responded in one of the posts here something about coconut flour or almond flour and that these alternatives were not very cheap. Then I recalled that coconut flour is a staple ingredient in one of the cook books Mark has out now. So I was wondering is this diet/lifestyle change gonna be somewhat expensive? I know that one's good health is probably worth any expense but I'm on a fixed income and it's not that great. Can anyone answer that sort of? Anyone? Just wondering what it is that I'm facing. That's all.

kzf614 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: VA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: 12 hours in

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love sweet tea, so it will be hard to go without it from now on, but I know it will be worth it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am getting married in June and am hoping to lose weight, and I also have Lupus and hope that Primal eating will help me feel better.

Favorite exercise: Cardio and Kettlebell

Looking for any advice and motivation as I begin this journey!

otbthnr12 is offline Junior Member

New to the site

Hi all. Wil here from Texas. I guess my story is pretty common. Desk job, 54 yo. Little exercise. Doc on my case to lose weight. Med. controlled HBP, acid reflux, apnea. The usual. Flopped onto this site, late last year, ordered the book package today. I really want to get back to close to my racquetball days around 195lbs. I weigh 285 right now. I could really use a little encouragement to get this process to work for me. So please feel free to write if you chose, and I will reply. Looking forward to the new me.

SmokeFan14 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, I'm also new here. I'm Wendy, age 46. I started 1/2. Motivations: I weigh about 40 pounds more than I would like to, I'm chronically tired and congested, and my knees and I are not on speaking terms.

After 8 days eating this way, I realized yesterday that my chronic congestion does not seem as bad... I can breathe for once! I haven't hopped on the scale since I started, but my pants are looser. I'm still sluggish, but I figure that will improve with time.

FitJen is offline Junior Member
    Hi. I'm new here and haven't begun eating primal yet. Can someone please direct me as to which one or two books will benefit me most when starting out? I have picked up 3 and feel I may only need two. I have the Quick and Easy cookbook, the 21 day challenge and the Primal Blueprint. Advice? I may have not quoted the titles exactly but I"m sure you get the picture. Thanks so much. I'm not sure where to start so it's not too overwhelming and I can stick with this new way of eating. Also I'm not sure if it's best to incorporate my entire family if willing or just start with myself. I have two boys who are 8 so it may be difficult to pull them all the way into this way of eating right away. Donuts, ice cream, cereal are treats they enjoy on occasion .

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast