Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 6

songman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    been on the diet for 1 week. felt great the first 4 days, noe having bad stomach bloat and don't feel like eating much. is this normal

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    Transition. :-)

clintonR71weir is offline Junior Member
    I visited the doctor today for my annual physical and my cholesterol is at 256, Tri at 80, HDL at 52, and LDL at 188. My doctor was very concerned and insisted that I begin statins immediately and for the rest of my life. I asked a few questions concerning the different types of LDL, as well as the effects of such a diet. After reading the posts about cholesterol and the ratios I wonder if I know more about this than my doctor. I feel great, I am never hungry, and I have stopped snacking. I can not believe how easy this is. I can not help but feel angry, let down, and disappointed with doctors, the USDA, and food companies. My eyes have been opened. It is like my own little Matrix. I choose the Red Pill. Thanks Mark.

wendy-gal is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am new to the forum, but totally agree with this way of life and have been sharing most of these things with others. I just have one question that I haven't been able to find in the Primal Blueprint book or here yet. I admit that I have searched extensively, but is raw goat milk and raw goat kefir an acceptable food item? I read why dairy is not good, but raw goat does have different properties and I have been making my own kefir. I would love any more information on this.
    Thank you, Wendy-gal

aneeda91 is offline Junior Member
    I'm excited to start! I'm 100% committed
    I've only heard good things about this

lunasma is offline Junior Member
    I had ibs and within 3 days of removing grains and processed food from my diet all my symptoms were gone and have not returned.

Alainneire is offline Senior Member
    Hello! i'm a newbie but fairly excited to be here!
    I decided i'm gonna give it a go and see how it progresses... I have dieted all my life (really, first diet i remember was at age 6 - Dr. ordered) and i don't really know how to have a normal relationship with food - i am either on a diet, just fallen off a diet or about to start a diet... So it would be lovely to eat in a way that satisfies me AND brings me to optimum health and fitness.

I have given up grains before (atkins etc...) with minimal success - partly because of having to limit my veggies i think... So i was a bit hesitant to really commit to this cause i just don't wanna do the whole typical "low carb" thing again. However i now have a couple of serious auto immune diseases - so i am desperate to kick inflammation to the curb! :-)
    3 days ago i decided to completely give up grains AND dairy (i miss cheese already) and as i was doing extensive research on anti-inflammatory eating I found this site and it made sense to me...

Like so many others i am a tiny bit leery about the whole saturated fat stuff ( brainwashed i know, i know) But i'm willing to give it a go, love the recipes and input on this site!
    So here's hoping that increasing the fats, eating loads of beautiful veggies and moderate protein will make me the lean, healthy, vibrant person i've been chasing my entire life :-)

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainneire View Post
    Hello! i'm a newbie but fairly excited to be here!
    I decided i'm gonna give it a go and see how it progresses... I have dieted all my life (really, first diet i remember was at age 6 - Dr. ordered) and i don't really know how to have a normal relationship with food - i am either on a diet, just fallen off a diet or about to start a diet... So it would be lovely to eat in a way that satisfies me AND brings me to optimum health and fitness.

I have given up grains before (atkins etc...) with minimal success - partly because of having to limit my veggies i think... So i was a bit hesitant to really commit to this cause i just don't wanna do the whole typical "low carb" thing again. However i now have a couple of serious auto immune diseases - so i am desperate to kick inflammation to the curb! :-)
    3 days ago i decided to completely give up grains AND dairy (i miss cheese already) and as i was doing extensive research on anti-inflammatory eating I found this site and it made sense to me...

Like so many others i am a tiny bit leery about the whole saturated fat stuff ( brainwashed i know, i know) But i'm willing to give it a go, love the recipes and input on this site!
    So here's hoping that increasing the fats, eating loads of beautiful veggies and moderate protein will make me the lean, healthy, vibrant person i've been chasing my entire life :-)
    I think you're going to love eating this way One of the best things about it is finally ending the crazy relationship with food.

I have had great success with my autoimmune disease eating primally with a few modification. After you get in the swing of things, if you are still feeling inflamed, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to share some autoimmune info.

Welcome and good luck!!!

wildebeester is offline Junior Member
    Today is the day. Started my primal journey today with 3 scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes in coconut oil with a side of sausage. I know my biggest obstacles are going to be a fiancÚ that loves pasta and grains and will not change, as well as the ingrained idea of looooong hard cardio sessions day after day. I'm going to try and start small with cutting sugar and flour... then go from there. I need to keep in mind that slip-ups will happen, but the important thing is to just keep on keepin' on.

Alainneire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I think you're going to love eating this way One of the best things about it is finally ending the crazy relationship with food.

I have had great success with my autoimmune disease eating primally with a few modification. After you get in the swing of things, if you are still feeling inflamed, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to share some autoimmune info.

Welcome and good luck!!!

Thanks very much! I'm stoked and ready... (big grin)

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast