Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 5

hotsalebuyhb is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    nice info.... thanks for sharing..

swimgoddess07 is offline Junior Member
    ok. i need help. i have been primal for a couple of weeks now, but i am not feeling much better. once a week, i allow myself to indulge in what i really want to eat. plus i am not a huge working out girl. i feel like i am not pushing myself hard enough and that i am not getting everything out of it that i could. am i not embracing the lifestyle completely? my family refuses to go on the diet with me so of course there are pop tarts and rols and bread and cereal and whatever else in our house that is constantly reminding me of what i can't eat. when i work out i work out from 10 to 30 minutes each. i am used to like at least an hour when i am working out. i need advice. am i doing it right? or what am i doing wrong? do i have the carb flu? HELP!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swimgoddess07 View Post
    ok. i need help. i have been primal for a couple of weeks now, but i am not feeling much better. once a week, i allow myself to indulge in what i really want to eat. plus i am not a huge working out girl. i feel like i am not pushing myself hard enough and that i am not getting everything out of it that i could. am i not embracing the lifestyle completely? my family refuses to go on the diet with me so of course there are pop tarts and rols and bread and cereal and whatever else in our house that is constantly reminding me of what i can't eat. when i work out i work out from 10 to 30 minutes each. i am used to like at least an hour when i am working out. i need advice. am i doing it right? or what am i doing wrong? do i have the carb flu? HELP!
    Hi. Welcome. We probably need a bit more about you to help. What are you eating?

If you have a 2 year old and babysit a 4 month old, you are getting enough exercise. Any additional exercise you do might fill in a few gaps but don't feel like you have to do a lot more. And don't let some nice person here tell you too.

Your cheats might be setting you back to zero in terms of ending carb flu. I don't know. Concentrate on the delicious stuff you can eat.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

swimgoddess07 is offline Junior Member

cheats

i will definitely admit that flaming hot cheetoes and pretzyls are my weaknesses. i love eating all vegetables. my hubby however despises all but carrots in a can and corn. so i feel like i am cooking 2 separate meals for my family all the time. which is discouraging. i love potatoes. i am a pretty good chef if i say so myself. i almost fooled my hubby into thinking cauliflower was mashed potatoes but after he found out what it really was he refused to eat it. my son, is asserting his independence with his food. so i have to trick him into eating food that is good for him...

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Not to sound like a clique, but you need to take care of yourself first...This is what being Primal is all about. Then maybe the rest of your family will follow after seeing how good you look/feel...Grok On!

Harp32Wil is offline Junior Member
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"

Cbfl61 is offline Junior Member

Newbie needing help!

ok I finally rec'd my book..PB. and it seems the more I read the more frustrated I get...I'm not that far from goal weight so excuse my frustration...I'm 135 lbs, 49yo f/5'3 tall and have an injured foot which limits working out. I do ride my bike when I have time...generally 20 mi once a week and I am a weekend warrior at golf.

Work doesn't permit me to check out blogs and forums but I try on the weekends to study but I just seem to get more confused...anybody have trouble calculating macro's...

I weigh 135 lbs..@ 26.5 bf = 100 LBM

I'm slightly active...(weekend warrior and injury)...
    My Protein should be 70gr/300 cal
    Carb 65gr/260 cal
    Fat ? should this number be the balance of an avg of my BMR (1308) and Activity Factor (1798.50) since I'm still not 100% released from my doctor to do sprints or planks etc because of the fracture still healing in my foot?

I'm probably overthinking this wayyyyyy too much. It kills me every time.

thanks for anyone who may be able to help me...

swelkind is offline Junior Member

Angry Not Losing Weight??

I've been doing the Weston Price diet for about a month now which is very similar to Primal except I have 2 cups of raw milk a day. I've gained 2 pounds and haven't lost anything. However, I do feel much better and part of the reason that I'm doing this is because I was getting every sickness from my kids. So, I don't know what I"m doing wrong here. I am following the diet except for the 2 glasses of milk and when I do check my calories, I'm at around 1500 - 2000. I am also not getting a lot of sleep and just finished breast feeding my 14 month old about 6 weeks ago. My pants are a bit snug and that hasn't changed. Should I just be drinking 1 glass of milk instead of 2...how many calories should I be eating. I'm not excercising either and plan to start that in a week. I'm really thirsty and hungry between meals too. I currently am 5ft 8, 42 years old, 170 pounds and would like to be 160 (150 would be wonderful!). Any thoughts would be appreciated!

emmylee003 is offline Junior Member
    I am about to embark on this journey and still learning about it. I had a baby nine months ago and I am not even down to my pre-preg weight (which was overweight to begin with), which is hugely upsetting. I'm 5'5" and at just over 200 right now. Terrible stuff. The thinnest I've ever been (and people said I looked too thin) was at 140 even and that was about four years ago. I need to get back. I found this and want to give it a shot. so here i go....
    Mrs. Hunka Chunk

jpandorf is offline Junior Member
    Trying to get my husband to go Primal with me however he suffers from IBS and thinks that high protein will hurt him. Anyone a IBS sufferer and living primal?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast