Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 3

e-sil is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi. After over 40 years as a vegetarian, finally, sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time (not to mention medicated up to the eyballs for 17 years for panic disorder, anxiety disorder, sleep disorder, clinical depression and self harming impulses due to a brain chemical imbalance), I did the 100% trial for 30 days, and have not looked back Am now going thru the process of weaning off the meds (under doctor's supervision of course) Going Primal is the best decision I ever made!

Ms.Maserati is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, this is my first post as I just registered. I have been "trying" to eat primily for the most part off and on for years. Once again I thought 2011 was going to be THE year I get into a bikini and actually enjoy my summer, BUT that unfortunetly didn't happen (yet). I've been through ups and downs, good weeks and lazy weeks and I'm so incredibly sick of this viscious cycle!!!! Last night I decided to drink 4 beers and THEN proceed to eat Taco Bell, absolutely rediculous and I'm just mortified. Starting today, I have my workout and daily schedule set and I'm freakin ready to get this show on the road, stick to my guns and not allow MYSELF to get in my way. Just thought I'd say HI as I'll need your support, fellow Grokins =0) Thanks!!!!!! I also wanted to thank you, Mark!!!!! Your email posts and knowledge are absolutely wonderful and not only do they educate me, but motivate me as well. I just bought P90X and recently found out you were a contributing person with the program, I'm on my way, hopefully to that gorgouse body I know I have. Thank you so much for all you do and everything you provide!!!!!

Metro is offline Junior Member
    I am on the fence about plunging into the Primal Blueprint diet.

I did Atkins about 2 years ago and lost around 30 lbs but I was so tired all the time - I hated being so tired. It got a little better as time went on but my cravings for carbs remained even though I did not cheat. I would like to try this way of eating but my concerns are: lethargy and cravings for carbs. I hated being so restricted all the time (that's how I felt on Atkins) also I did not use fake sweeteners so that left out a lot of possible treats.

My number one question right now is: I want to do this but even when I try it for a day sometimes I feel good and the next I get a "brain fog" and a mental tiredness and I lose focus on my studies. I am cramming for a HUGE test in a couple of weeks and I can't seem to concentrate sometimes until I have coffee or fast carbs. It's like my brain is sleepy until/unless I wake it up. It's aweful - not sure what is going on.

Any suggestions? Does this go away? How long? I appreciate any feed back. Thank you.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Metro: You're experiencing the carb flu. Everyone goes through it - it's your body kicking its carb addiction, so of course you're going to feel lousy for a while. You're going through detox, withdrawal, call it what you will. It took me about five days to feel better; there have been reports of people needing six to eight weeks to kick severe addictions. Search for "carb flu" on this site and you'll get more information.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

sjw
    sjw is offline Junior Member
    Nine days into Primal living..
    I feel incredible however I do have bouts of feeling really tired.
    I've researched this, understand and know it will pass

One other thing that I'm wondering about though is feeling hungry ALOT!
    I've researched this as well but starting to realize it's different for everyone.

Here's what I have eaten today so far...(between 4am and noon)

Whey protein shake with a cup of blueberries and a Tbsp of flax seed and a cup of coffee with a smidge of Truvia

Two eggs/canadian bacon/half an apple/handful of almonds and green tea

A small avacado with steak and broccoli

I really do feel incredibly good... I feel nicer too. I know that's a funny thing to say but it's so true!

Looking forward to any and all input and advice!

holly66 is offline Junior Member
    More on Food Allergies! I am a 44-yr old female, hypothyroid with food allergies. Diagnosed via blood tests several years ago (IGg reactive) as being highly allergic to gluten, casein and eggs. Eggs! Aagh! The gluten and casein have been mostly easy to give up, but I hate not being able to eat eggs. The weird thing is I never had any symptoms other than bloating and feeling a little sluggish and tired. Because of this I still eat small amounts of everything I'm allergic to. I wonder how bad this is for me. My doctor says he's not sure food allergies even exist, and he is a holistic type of doctor so he's very open minded about things. Is there any definitive information on food allergies anywhere? How bad would it be for me to eat eggs, really? I would like more information on this and maybe even to start a thread??? I mean, what's the difference between food intolerance, lactose intolerance, casein allergic, celiac, etc. ? Is it all similar? And how damaging is to eat foods you're allergic to?

Underhill is offline Junior Member
    I'm old. I've tried everything - regular "dieting", Optifast, Atkins, etc. I'm a yo-yo. The best results so far for me were when I used Atkins. My doctor advised adding important green vegetables...my wife at the time wanted to tweak it her own way and I eventually gave up. Too many bosses.

So, how does someone in serious weight danger (330) and over the age of 64 begin to make sense with the Primal method?

Underhill is offline Junior Member
    I always thought the "official" food pyramid was upside down. Grains make me gain weight more quickly than anything else.

Eating fresh fruit and vegetables sounds great but on a budget as a retiree it sounds expensive.

I'm going to do some reading from the resources listed here before I add anything more.

kazredhead is offline Junior Member
    I am new to the Primal Blueprint and am a bit scared that it sounds too good to be true. I feel like I am eating too much fat and am having a hard time being convinced that this is going to work. Am going to use Fit Day to record my eating and exercise. Any advice gratefully received!

Kaz

Griff is offline Senior Member
    First thing, Kaz: RELAX. If you stress out, you're going to increase your cortisol levels, which can be just as bad as spiking your insulin.

Second: BE PATIENT. It takes time. It is not too good to be true, but it isn't instantaneous.

Third: READ. Read Mark's book, read Taubes' books, read the Protein Power books by the Eades, read Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig... READ paleo, primal, and keto research. Reassure yourself that way.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast