Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 25

Mogan2011 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hoping this works. Having a hard time trying to figure this all out from my phone.

My name is Megan and I have been slowly trying to integrate more natural/holistic ways of eating and just recently heard about the paleo lifestyle through a family friend. So about three weeks ago I went to the book store and found a couple primal books, one cooking and one fitness and ordered them through Amazon when I got home. Read the cook book from front to back and then read the first portion of the fitness book over the 4th. I have never been so excited or dedicated to researching something in my life...Other than hobbies of course...and I am on board. I haven't officially started yet due to tight funds, so it will be progressive, but for only being 24 I have finally slapped myself in the face and really have driven myself to better my lifestyle, for me, my minion and my husband (who said he is on board with some exceptions...I think I might be able to convince his exceptions (

My background is this. I have always been a carb junkie thanks to being raised in the 90's with lucky charms and cocoa puffs reining supreme oh and let's not forget oreo's. Then as I got older it became pasta. Back in April before I woke up and smelled the coffee beans I was at my worst I have ever been eating and drinking (coffee). I was so tired, crashing every 3 or so hours, working 7 days a week (still am) I was drinking up to 4 cups of coffee with either international delight almond joy creamer or cream and sugar and topped it all off with an espresso. Food was frozen lean cuisine entrees or taco del Mar... Maybe a salad from time to time, but mostly anything revolving around carbs. Then one day my friend told me about kombucha and I had read something about lemon water and the next morning I woke up and decided to quickly look up the benefits of warm lemon water and kombucha. After reading it that was the day I switched out the broken bulb in the attic and began a journey to a new clean life. I did a detox (just on my own) drinking lemon water twice a day and eating nothing but as clean of food as I could get my hands on, lots of spinach and romaine salads with chicken and whatnot. Cut out pasta, coffee, oreo's and anything else disgusting and horribly bad for my mind and body. After the 4 day headache was gone... Thanks to my coffee addiction...I could see, smell, taste and feel so much better. My energy was a hundred times better and my mood was amazing and I kept at that for quite a while. So like I said I work 7 days a week at a horse facility and we do performance riding and compete. Well if you are aware how much stress and drama dancing and gymnastics can be...it's no better, particularly at our barn and the stress overload has managed to creep back in and sucked my energy and self control. I still eat fairly well but my body is killing me for some comfort foods and I am sometimes slacking on portion control. I'm at a very stressful point right now. I gave up working out about 6 weeks ago because of how physically and mentally demanding my job is right now that I would wake up drained or come home and fall on the couch. One can't do that with a toddler and a husband that works the opposite shift. So needless to say I'm almost at a breaking point but thankfully followed the resources to this site and started diving in hard with research. I'm ready but I'm lost. As I said, I'm a carb-o-holic so I'm having a hard time finding foods that will last me a few hours before I need to eat again. I guess I got my body into the eat-six-times-a-day mode so I'm hungry every 3 hours and I'm starting to hate it because if I don't eat I sometimes get the rubber band effect which I'm aware is a blood sugar crash. So thanks for reading my somewhat long story, left a bunch out but I don't want to ramble. I look forward to meeting new people, discovering the real way to eat and live and how to tie fitness and diet into a harmonious lifestyle.

-Megan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

manvi is offline Junior Member
    Primal fuel acts like a energy booster having high proteins which allow you to work for a long without feeling hungry.By taking it you will have great tasting experience. It can be taken up with milk , banana , egg yolk , coconut etc.It helps to loose weight without any kind of weakness.Try Primal fuel , have great experience and feel the change.

Mogan2011 is offline Junior Member
    Oh good to know. I just read about the "carb flu" sounds very familiar. Didn't realize there was an actual term for a carb addiction and how serious it is. That's my biggest issue. Going to really sick once I make the big plunge because I used to be very bad with carbs. Slowly getting better but I would still say I'm bad with them :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

zacisgr8 is offline Junior Member
    Fat all my life. I'm 46 and 220lbs and 5'10". Gosh I love sugar, white flour and the bad. I have seen and heard Paleo for years and finally decided to get serious.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

des88 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Mi name is Des and I am a newbie. I have a couple of questions and hope someone could answer them.
    1. I have no time (right now... maybe in future) to make the almond nor coconut milk from scratch. Any suggestions on where and what brand I can purchase? I have a Whole Foods store near me.
    2. I have a bad left knee and was advised by my ortho just to do walking on flat surfaces to avoid further injury and avoid strenous aerobic exercises or running. Will just walking every other day be a good substitute for the pushups, squats and lunges? I can't do sprints either
    3. So can we occasionally consume whole milk? If yes, how often can I have it?
    4. Can I use yacon syrup as a sweetener for my coffee?

Thank you very much and I am so excited to be embarking on this 21 day challenge!!

RedValkyria is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Des! (:

Don't keep your questions here. Introduce yourself and post whatever is on your mind on the other threads (nutrition, fitness... A bit of everything! (: ). It'll be easier for everyone to find your questions and help you out!

See you around (;

Red-

Peakesey is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone!

I am 39, 5'6 and 266 pounds. Purchase Primal Blueprint a few months ago. Then a few weeks ago I got the 21 day transformation and the 90 day journal. I totally understand my weight gain now ...I get it and it makes sense. I just could never get behind the vegan thing. So I knew I was serious when I cleaned my cabinets and frig. And wow...I had 2 garbage bags full of junk. I have already started but its official tomorrow. Preparing my lunches today and I am so excited to feel and look better. Planning to keep my carb intake to around 70-100 depending on when I workout. Still kinda confused on calories, but I will figure it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

naturalgallant is offline Junior Member
    How do I start a new thread in the forum?

cindy is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone!

cindy is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone! This is my first post. I am 53. I have been 50/50 primal until 2 weeks ago I decided it was time to commit. One week 6 pounds. Yeah!! Only 45 more to go. I am starting to feel better. For the last 2 years I have been in menopause and the pounds just kept piling on. Every time I tried a new "diet" .. I would lose one pound and gain 3 pounds. The ankles and knees hurting all the time, I just did'nt want to exercise. I'm now exercising everyday. Mostly walking. I walk my dog for 30 minutes every morning followed by walking the neighbor lady for an hour. I do the canadian airforce exercises daily and in the evenings after my last meal of the day 30 minutes on the eliptical. I will be changing that up as I start feeling better.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast