Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 24

tres rios is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello, long time lurker first time poster. I've been following Paleo for a few months on and off and am ready to commit now. I am looking forward to interacting with all of you and shedding these pesky 15 lbs!!!

Apples4Jam is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm new here. Started eating primal/paleo about 6 weeks ago after reading Barry Groves book and blog. I have ordered Marks books and waiting their arrival.

Debra5719 is offline Junior Member
    Hello, my name is Debra and I am new to this site. I am 46, overweight, and pre-diabetic. I would like to try to eat primal and do a 21 day challenge. I have tried several other diets in the past that worked temporarily. The weight always come back, plus some. The most extreme diet I have tried has been the HCG diet. That was horrible.
    I think with a little education, this way of eating would be beneficial. I would like any advice for newbies.

Debra

eatsavage is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I've been following a primal / paleo lifestyle for a couple of years now. In 2013 I started a weekly meal delivery service in the Toronto area called Eat Savage. We operate out of a commercial kitchen in Oshawa.

If you're hungry in the GTA... check us out.

Im jealous of all of the primal / paleo products available in the US compared to what we have in Canada. Hoping we catch up soon!

I'm also a member of the Paleo Toronto facebook group.

primal & paleo meal delivery - Toronto & GTA
    meals feature grass-fed beef, organic chicken & other wholesome ingredients
    www.eatsavage.ca

kuteboy is offline Junior Member
    thank's Daily Apple forum Mark! the effective information processing work for me. thank you

Greig C is offline Junior Member
    Hello Everyone, I am a 46 year old male (94.5kg, 5'10") and after recently reading The Primal Blueprint I decided to give this a try. I truly believe the science behind what Mark Sisson is explaining matches the correct way we should feed ourselves and control our weight and health.
    However, after four weeks I seem to have had very poor results. I started at 96.2kg and since then had dropped to 93.9kg but continue to fluctuate back up to 94.5kg . I have completely cut out wheat and sugars (inc sweeteners) from my diet, I eat all meats and fish and eat mostly green leaved vegs/olives etc with my proteins. I eat cheese and occasional milk in tea, and sometimes try unsweeted soya milk. My carbs are mostly under 100g per day but I don't exercise apart from gardening.
    Can anyone find any obvious errors I'm making? Any breakfast/lunch/dinner tips would be grateful. Thanks in advance for any help.

rosiered is offline Junior Member
    Well. My name is Selina
    I've strayed a primal diet today. Actually it's not a diet. I am changing my life. How exciting!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Jon McKee is offline Junior Member
    Hi all. Nice to be part of this forward thinking community. been following Paleo for a month now and feel excellent. Thought I would miss the carbs, the bread, my homemade pasta. Besides the normal lethargy the first week and a half, I don't miss the carbs at all. Grocery shopping is easier, meal planning simple, what's not to like. At 52 I was gaining that extra weight around the middle that I thought I was destined to accumulate as the years pass. Now mind you, I've always been active. Obsessively so at times. A month living paleo and am feeling good, dropped 3% body fat and have stopped obsessing on run and bike times. Thanks to the movement, thanks to Mark, and thanks for this community.

kansasfarmgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, this is only my third day of paleo, but never experienced a life change that was this easy. I no longer obsess over food, eat when I truly feel hungry, which right now is twice a day. I tried the vegetarian lifestyle in the past but it didn't work for me. I feel great, love to speed walk...and yes I was a Kansas farm girl born and raised, we grew a lot of wheat!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Mogan2011 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hoping this works. Having a hard time trying to figure this all out from my phone.

My name is Megan and I have been slowly trying to integrate more natural/holistic ways of eating and just recently heard about the paleo lifestyle through a family friend. So about three weeks ago I went to the book store and found a couple primal books, one cooking and one fitness and ordered them through Amazon when I got home. Read the cook book from front to back and then read the first portion of the fitness book over the 4th. I have never been so excited or dedicated to researching something in my life...Other than hobbies of course...and I am on board. I haven't officially started yet due to tight funds, so it will be progressive, but for only being 24 I have finally slapped myself in the face and really have driven myself to better my lifestyle, for me, my minion and my husband (who said he is on board with some exceptions...I think I might be able to convince his exceptions (

My background is this. I have always been a carb junkie thanks to being raised in the 90's with lucky charms and cocoa puffs reining supreme oh and let's not forget oreo's. Then as I got older it became pasta. Back in April before I woke up and smelled the coffee beans I was at my worst I have ever been eating and drinking (coffee). I was so tired, crashing every 3 or so hours, working 7 days a week (still am) I was drinking up to 4 cups of coffee with either international delight almond joy creamer or cream and sugar and topped it all off with an espresso. Food was frozen lean cuisine entrees or taco del Mar... Maybe a salad from time to time, but mostly anything revolving around carbs. Then one day my friend told me about kombucha and I had read something about lemon water and the next morning I woke up and decided to quickly look up the benefits of warm lemon water and kombucha. After reading it that was the day I switched out the broken bulb in the attic and began a journey to a new clean life. I did a detox (just on my own) drinking lemon water twice a day and eating nothing but as clean of food as I could get my hands on, lots of spinach and romaine salads with chicken and whatnot. Cut out pasta, coffee, oreo's and anything else disgusting and horribly bad for my mind and body. After the 4 day headache was gone... Thanks to my coffee addiction...I could see, smell, taste and feel so much better. My energy was a hundred times better and my mood was amazing and I kept at that for quite a while. So like I said I work 7 days a week at a horse facility and we do performance riding and compete. Well if you are aware how much stress and drama dancing and gymnastics can be...it's no better, particularly at our barn and the stress overload has managed to creep back in and sucked my energy and self control. I still eat fairly well but my body is killing me for some comfort foods and I am sometimes slacking on portion control. I'm at a very stressful point right now. I gave up working out about 6 weeks ago because of how physically and mentally demanding my job is right now that I would wake up drained or come home and fall on the couch. One can't do that with a toddler and a husband that works the opposite shift. So needless to say I'm almost at a breaking point but thankfully followed the resources to this site and started diving in hard with research. I'm ready but I'm lost. As I said, I'm a carb-o-holic so I'm having a hard time finding foods that will last me a few hours before I need to eat again. I guess I got my body into the eat-six-times-a-day mode so I'm hungry every 3 hours and I'm starting to hate it because if I don't eat I sometimes get the rubber band effect which I'm aware is a blood sugar crash. So thanks for reading my somewhat long story, left a bunch out but I don't want to ramble. I look forward to meeting new people, discovering the real way to eat and live and how to tie fitness and diet into a harmonious lifestyle.

-Megan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast