Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 21

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeNewbie View Post
    Hello!
    I am new to the Paleo/Primal diet and lifestyle. I have been following it for the last 3 months, however I am not losing weight?
    I am a healthy 23 year old female. I thought that by cutting out bread, pasta, rice, etc. and eating more vegetables and healthy fats would naturally make me lose the weight, but I have not lost anything. I am eating quite a lot of nuts and diary on the diet, possibly too much, but I am finding I need it as I am no longer eating the processed grains. I still figure nuts and diary are a lot healthier than the alternative. I would love some advice on how to lose the kg's and also how to curb my nut and diary intake?
    Eat more fat. If you feel you can't cut something out, it's probably what you need to cut out the most. How many carbs are you eating a day? Especially if you're active, you might want to add in sweet potatoes for more carbs.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

JRbnsn1029 is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone :-)

Very new to this primal idea but I think I've been heading this way for a while. I'm really looking forward to the simplicity but I'm a "slowly slip into the pool" type person. Incorporating smaller chunks at a time lets me make the change permanently.

I'm very fat, sick, slow, weak, clumsy ... you get the idea. I'm trying to get ideas for the strength training and sprints. I have an artificial hip, a bad back, and other mangled joints from a military training accident (which is also a large part of my fat gain). Ortho-surgeon said no impact activities and I really don't have access to a pool right now (hoping to fix that next summer).

In the meantime, my daughter and I are going primal diet and incorporate what I can, when I can. :-)

G. K. Chesterton ~ Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist, children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.

Julieb2uk is offline Junior Member
    Have you changed shape?
    I'm only just getting started here but i do 20mins of HIT muscle work each week. I have'nt lost weight but those nice curves are returning

gypsy is offline Junior Member
    Hey there, gyspy here. Is this where I introduce myself? I am on day 5 ( 6, 7?) of 21-day
    primal life. Feeling good- clear headed and looking forward to sticking to it...with a little help from my
    forum friends of course. I live in Santa Monica, and have all of my life. Which is a half a century. Neener.
    Thanks for the great website, Mark.

emilyishappy is offline Junior Member

Not losing weight - suggestions?

Been primal for over a month and have lost only 2 pounds (with 60 to go to get to my 'normal' range). Got over the carb flu and have been feeling good enough to keep going even without much happening on the weight front. Measurements are maybe an inch lost overall.

Was sort of close to primal before starting the lifestyle, but have been keeping my carbs down to ~100 a day since early November. I was already active with a pretty close to primal exercise routine that I've kept up (biking, hiking, walking, kickboxing, step aerobics, strength training). I record everything on My Fitness Pal, and have been honest. I'm averaging about 1,500 kcal/day and eating all I want. In addition to having PCOS, Metabolic Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, HBP and Adrenal fatigue, at 40 I've learned patience. Any suggestions on getting this train turned around, anyone?

I do love this community and this site. Thanks, Mark for putting so much work in to this every single day. I hosted a primal Thanksgiving during my 21-day challenge and everyone loved it. My family has many food allergies and it was great to lay out a spread 10 people could enjoy with something (almost everything) for everyone. I ate some of almost everything and still managed to stay under 150 carbs on T-day without trying!

FitDonna is offline Junior Member
    since this is on the newbie page I don't feel so bad asking...how the heck do you start a new question thread. I am going bonkers looking for a tab somewhere!

DeniseB is offline Member
    Hi, I'm Denise, 50, and in a wheelchair. I can stand, but not walk without support. Can anyone recommend any HIIT exercises I might could do?

DeniseB is offline Member
    With all the stress you have going on, I would not recommend starving yourself to death. Honestly, eat a good meal, lay off all the sugar (including fruit for now), all the grain/flour products, and do seated zumba if that's all you can do for exercise. I'd also find a different doctor than one who tells you not to eat. He sounds like a crack-pot!

MartinHook is offline Junior Member
    so nice i interested

milgrl3 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just began eating primal a few days ago as a part of my "New Years Resolution." I know I weigh about 220 right now, but I am scared of scales so I don't have one in the house. I think its somewhere in my garage. I used to be in the military and was healthy for the most part. I was put out on a technicality. My body was too fat by military standards. At that time I weighed 150 and felt great but my waist was too big and I couldn't pass the fitness test, so I was out. With being depressed from losing my military career, going back to school, working full time for DoD, having 3 boys, a part time photographer, I gained around 70 pounds. This was only about 3 years ago. I am totally sick of this! I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 35. My problem is that I can't stand most veggies or do not know how to cook them properly. I did cook the other night and made shrimp, brussels sprouts with bacon and fresh green beans. One of my teenagers wouldn't eat it. He is skinny skinny skinny and will not eat ANYTHING that is good for him. He HATES ALL veggies, more than me, and will not eat any fruit other than apples or bananas. I want him to change his eating habits as well before he gets any older and ends up with health problems. Anyway! Wish me luck!

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast