Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 2

revcozmo is offline Junior Member

slow starter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been reading about Grokkin It for months now. When I first discovered it I was totally psyched. I had it all planned out. Then, I told my family about it and ran into a huge amount of resistance. Eventually I gave up and conformed. But, After reading newsletter article last week about Dave I have put my foot down. All of us in the family are feeling the winter time spread. The kids joined the gym, the wife is ordering one of those 'drink a shake' diet plans and I am going Primal.

It's only been three days of the diet and I'm struggling with the caffeine part. It gave me a HUGE migraine trying to just drop it, so, I'm weaning myself off slowly now.

The play time workout is great. I'm sore as hell, but, I've been stuck behind a keyboard for a couple of years after leaving behind a lifetime of construction. So, I kind of expected the soreness, and, I actually enjoy it - if that makes sense.

The sleep schedule is where I'll have the most problems. I am finishing up a few big projects that are requiring overnighters through the weekend, then, I'll be able to hit the sleep schedule more regularly.

Overall, I can feel the energy boost already. Maybe it's the excitement of seeing what Dave accomplished. Maybe I'm just psyched about getting back into shape. Or, maybe I just miss the call of the wild that being an internet work slave took away from me for so long.

Whatever the reason. I'm in - 100% for the long haul. Thanks for laying out the path Mark. Wish me luck...

niikolatesla is offline Junior Member

:)

daveyace is offline Member
    i agree what has happened to this thread lol

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I just got my book! I'm so excited!
    Health is Wealth!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    I just got my book! I'm so excited!
    Yay!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    So I've finished the book and I'm happy to report that I'm almost 80% primal already! That's just wonderful and just to clarify I can eat bacon? I haven't had any meat since October, only fish and so I'm worried about my progress on just fish? A can eat bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my weakness.
    Health is Wealth!

Thomas Harley is offline Junior Member
    Hi all

have been eating primal for a month now and noticed massive changes to my body composition and digestion. Have a cycle trip planned for 6 days roughly 100 miles a day. Wondered how being without complex carbs while expending so much energy will work with my body. I hear crazy cyclist stories of people eating 6000 calories a day etc for energy. Any input on how you think my body will cope without the complex carbs or suggested high energy substitute snacks would be really appreciated.

anasmith52 is offline Banned
    Can't wait to read all these links. Thanks!

Deepanshu Guest
    I've been wanting to hit the right "zone" lately, but I'm not quite sure how it might apply to my numbers.

Pictish is offline Junior Member

Newbie lovin Primal

Your location: Boone, NC

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: At least following the 80/20 rule and getting ready to turn it up a notch. May jump onto the 30 day progam when I can swing it to see what I am not doing right.

Do you consume dairy: None, cut dairy out prior to finding PB. Unsweetened Cococnut milk is my choice.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee black with no sugar and a little Coconut milk a couple of times a week, Unsweet tea a couple of times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: After years of eating the Healthy Grains I was supposed to eat I couldn't keep weight off. I even went to a raw food diet for awhile. I lost weight on raw but lost muscle mass as well. Still kept the soft belly on the raw food. Part of that problem came from Low Thyroid and I now see part came from Grains and dairy. I started to have issues eating grains and dairy, too many to list so I started looking for another answer.

I had an overuse foot injury (plantar fasciitis) a few years ago from trying to burn calories (chronic cardio). So, keeping the weight off after that became a struggle. I started P90X about 8 weeks ago and started PB about 4 weeks ago. Four weeks into P90X I certainly moved my weight around but still had a belly. 4 weeks into PB and I went from a size 36 pants to wearing size 34 and they are a little loose already. I adjusted my P90X workout to make it a little more Grok like.

Oh, I have also been able to drop BP and Cholesterol meds. I am down to a small dose thyroid pill. My Doctor said I may never loose the belly fat but I am going to prove her wrong My next appt is in mid July, we shall see.

Also, started working out in VFF KSO's and my foot pain is little to none now.

Favorite exercise: P90X, Long Hikes with my daughter and 2 Huskies.

Favorite Primal food: Wild caught Salmon, EGGS with the yolk! Primal Fuel with coconut milk and banana.

Best part about being Primal: No bloating from dairy and grains, I wake up with energy now.

Worst part about being Primal: So far no worst parts. I actually have not missed any foods. I was surprised, I thought I would certainly miss pizza. It is tough on the road if you forget your Primal snacks.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast