Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 19

Kayakmoon is offline Junior Member
    I'm new to this forum. I just ordered 'The Primal Blueprint' , the journal and the cookbook. I am very anxious to get started...I am in the Northern California foothills, 65 yrs young and loving life. Can't wait to lose some of this 'belly fat' .....let's get this train rolling.......

boomunit is offline Junior Member
    Primal newb saying hello! My name is Kimmie, I'm 31 and I live in NC, I work full time and am a mom of two beautiful girls, one 3 years and one 3 months. I have done Atkins in the past with some sucess, but because it wasn't a lifestyle change, I couldn't stick with it and gained back the weight.

I was at my ideal weight of 150 about 8 or 9 years ago, right when my husband and I met. I could have stood to have more lean muscle, but I was generally happy at that weight). Then marriage, work, two pregnancies. kids, etc. Currently, I weigh about 215 (at 5'6). Both my hubby and I gained quite a bit of weight over the years, and in Janurary, my husband started training for Tough Mudder and other obstacle and mud runs. He's lost 40lbs and feels great, and he's been my inspiration. Now its my turn!

We're both starting primal next week once we get the pantry and fridge cleaned out and make a primal grocery run this weekend. I am excited to lose weight and get stronger, and hubs is looking forward to getting rid of the last of his stubborn belly fat that won't seem to budge even though he trains hard.

I am still breastfeeding, so a concern of mine is making sure I get enough calories to make enough milk. Any primal mommies out there have any advice??

I'll try to post a before pic this weekend!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Talya is offline Junior Member

Doctors suck, generally speaking

Quote Originally Posted by backinnewengland View Post
    After reading the posts about cholesterol and the ratios I wonder if I know more about this than my doctor. I feel great, I am never hungry, and I have stopped snacking. I can not believe how easy this is. I can not help but feel angry, let down, and disappointed with doctors, the USDA, and food companies. My eyes have been opened. It is like my own little Matrix. I choose the Red Pill
    Yes it seems that it's very hard not to know more than your doctor.
    I am so happy that I was able to discover this 'diet'

celestylez is offline Member
    Hello, everyone.

Today is my first day in the 21-day challenge and Grok & I are still getting acquainted

Your location: NY, NY

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Newbie Day 1 of 21-Day Challenge

Do you consume dairy: No due to lactose intolerance. Sorry for TMI.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for going Primal: To get healthy to conceive naturally without medical intervention, and prevent inheriting Type2 Diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Walking for hours :sly: 30-minutes :what: on the elliptical machine and :screwy: 1-hr cycling class

Favorite Primal food: Any Meat, fowl or fish on a stick roasted over smoldering hot charcoal.

Best part about being Primal: its simplicity

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up Pasta and Grains specially Corn & Rice!!!:sly::what::screwy:

gaiasteph is offline Junior Member
    Getting back on the horse. 56 yo, 146 pounds, need to get down to 135, would prefer 132. After a car accident almost 4 years ago, it's been very difficult to get all the way to my goal due to ongoing pain and injuries. But, will use more of the intermittent fasting to get there this time!

Liftinglife is offline Senior Member
    New to primal! From New Orleans, La! How do I add a picture to my profile? Any one from N.O.L.A put there?

sukhi is offline Junior Member
    thahks for a information.

cambree is offline Junior Member
    hello, im new to this i am 15 my bmr is around 1500. i haven't been healthy and been trying to starve self :/ this seems like a healthier option. i started this today ate 500 cals, tommorow ill probably eat around 1200. i have 2 questions
    1. Is 500/1200 enough if not how much should i eat? -i play a sport at varsity level that starts in a couple weeks
    2. if i got to a happy maintain weight in 2 months can i come off adf without gaining weight back?
    ALL ANSWERS APPRECIATED THANKS

Petralee is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone!
    I've been doing this 'Primal' thing for the last month, thinking I was being strict as all get-out (my sister first introduced me to this site last year and she's lost about 35 lbs and I'm not sure how many inches) but after 30 days, still the same. I was very frustrated because I've been working out six days a week, eating plenty of fat, etc and NOTHING! Weight the same, clothes feeling the same.... So I google 'primal for 30 days and no weight loss' and lo and behold, I come to this forum, where a gal is having a similar situation to mine. Bottom line for her, she wasn't really listening becuase she really didnt want to give up her old ways. Bottom line for me, I had it wrong, even though I've been familiar with lo carb since the late nineties. This past month, I was doing the whole '80%' on, and not remembering ketosis. What everyone here has said is, if it's the first 14 days, I really need to stay below 50. Yes? So anyway, here I am, pulling up my britches with a big fat sigh and realizing I'm going to have to start all over. So be it. The good news?? Without any grains in my system, that whole 'time of the month' thing (sorry guys!) is almost non-existant. Any other females experience this? The PMDD I had been experiencing for the last three to five years disappeared, once the grain was gone. So... That's my story. Nice to meet all of you!

Celainemccoy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks for making this a sticky! I may be missing something though, I know IF is a good tool but should someone who is been paleo(ish) for the past year and newly back on the wagon be doing IF? The issue is, I am not hungry at all. Here is what yesterday looked like: 2oz heavy raw cream and coffee, 1 soft boiled pastured egg for breakfast. Lunch was a slice of paleo banana bread topped with some pastured butter and dinner was about 6oz of pot roast, 1/2 cup of steamed carrots and a cup of chicken soup I make from bone broth, meat, onions and garlic with some raw cream a bit of arrowroot for thickener. I suppose that sounds okay, but I'm a bit worried about needed nutrients. I do take a B complex supplement, green pasture fclo and high vitamin butter oil. I'm between 70 and 100 lbs overweight depending on who you talk to, so is my body just eating the fat and not needing the food? A response would be so helpful, tia!! Carmen

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast