Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 18

stk
    stk is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello,
    I've often been told about the reductive environment of the cytoplasm (vs the outer cellular environment) and how that prevents proteins from forming disulfide bonds in the cytoplasm.
    But what is this reductive environment? Is it caused by reductases? Or something else?
    Additionally I read about a technique where one can label cytoplasmic proteins (by allowing the entrance of Abs with chromophores on them through holes in the membrane) and then performing flow cytometry.
    And so in this case, how can the Abs entering the cell, maintain their disulfides? As I recall, specific disulfides on an Ab are essential for their correct structure and epitope recognition.

Thanks

Hulmy is offline Junior Member
    SKIP THIS POST:

Nobody answered those guys that enquired about how one starts a new thread and I have the same question. I just signed up and can't figure it out. I'm no Luddite either! I'm banking on it being something you're only able to do after you've made a reply post so here it is. Sorry for the irrelevance of this post!

jessicanadine85 is offline Junior Member
    "To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"

This is TOTALLY my new favorite quote. Putting it on a sticky note NOW!

I'm very new to this primal thing, still trying to figure out the food. I've got lunch and dinner handled, but I have NO idea what to do for breakfast. I am allergic to eggs, milk (specifically whey protein so no shakes or yogurt for me), and nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? All I can come up with is bacon, onions, and brussels sprouts, which is DELICIOUS but a lot of work first thing in the morning, and a lot of salt!

milba is offline Junior Member
    Question about cheese!!! Some people seem to eat tasty cheese and others not?? Can someone shed some light on this rule? Thanks!!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milba View Post
    Question about cheese!!! Some people seem to eat tasty cheese and others not?? Can someone shed some light on this rule? Thanks!!
    Cut it out for a bit, then add it back in and see if you have issues.

Or, alternatively, do as some of us do and insist that you don't have a problem with cheese because you like it too much.
    Last edited by Twibble; 06-15-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

EggGirl is offline Member
    This is great! I am learning so much and I am excited I may have found my path to health and keeping my weight off! Thank you! Egg Diet Adventures

whitty1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicanadine85 View Post
    "To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"

This is TOTALLY my new favorite quote. Putting it on a sticky note NOW!

I'm very new to this primal thing, still trying to figure out the food. I've got lunch and dinner handled, but I have NO idea what to do for breakfast. I am allergic to eggs, milk (specifically whey protein so no shakes or yogurt for me), and nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? All I can come up with is bacon, onions, and brussels sprouts, which is DELICIOUS but a lot of work first thing in the morning, and a lot of salt!
    Love the quote! I just started today so I will watch this question with interest. I, too, am allergic to eggs and lactose intolerant. And although I like nuts - they don't seem to like me too much. I have the additional problem in that I have ulcerative colitis which means I can't eat too much veg in one go. So it's going to be tricky!
    For breakfast today I had bacon & tomatoes. I tried to have 25g protein as I read somewhere - but it was far too much and after an hour my body had, er, evacuated! Sorry, TMI. So tomorrow I'm going to try half the amount and see how I get on. I'll be interested to see any other breakfast suggestions. I don't really fancy (or can't really afford!) to have another full on meat-meal for breakfast either.

PrimalAmanda is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I've been following the Primal Blueprint way of eating for two weeks now - and I feel amazing! I was Vegan/Vegetarian for 6 years and had begun to feel really bad - like something was really wrong with me. A few days of eating Primal - and I started feeling better than I even have! I'm so happy that I'm a Primal Girl.

Are there any great Primal Facebook Groups to join?

John K. Halpern is offline Junior Member
    People still don't know what to expect when thinking of the Paleo Diet Plan. Follow us for great tips if you are interested in this healthy way to lose weight.For more information paleo diets

gracewright is offline Junior Member
    New to the forum because I hope to change. I'm a refined sugar addict. I eat 90% paleo but can't stop 50% of the time when there is a doughnut or cake offered to me. I lost 80 lbs a few years ago when I found out I was diabetic. I gave up bread and pasta and refined sugar and flour. I am still diabetes free but gained 20 lbs back. I've been trying since December to get back on track but the addiction is kicking my butt and using dark chocolate as a tool is not cutting it. I have a permanent slack line set up in my yard and a trampoline I play on and i sprint with my kids and dog but I also need to make myself move more in my civil engineering computer job and my primal essential movements need revved up. I don't know what else I need for motivation, but I need it.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast