Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 16

Annunaki55 is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb

Shop Now
    Greetings all! I am new here, so please bear with me. I will admit to not having read all the stuff for newbies, but I have read quite a bit about the Primal diet as well as the Paleo diet. I realize they are different. I have a few things to throw out there to ya'll and would welcome any comments. These mainly have to do with some of my concerns before I jump in to the Primal scene with both feet.

1) I have tried the Paleo diet in the recent past, and after 2 weeks, my metabolism had slowed down to a crawl. I was literally moving in slow motion. It was unnerving to say the least and so I discontinued it. I did lose over 10 lbs. though. Can I expect the same thing to happen with the Primal diet?

2) There seems to be a physical fitness meme that's alive and well on this site concerning six-pack abs. I base this on all the shirtless pics of Mark. According to an article I read in Yoga Journal, only 10% of the human population is genetically capable of acquiring 6-pack abs. Additionally it states that 6-pack abs are not even desirable from a health standpoint because we need a certain amount of abdominal fat to be healthy.

3) My biggest concern about buying in to the Primal diet has to do with the notion that humans naturally evolved to their current evolutionary status over a course of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years, and therefore we should eat accordingly - like hunter-gatherers - to maximize our genetic expression.

This would be flawless logic except for one very important event in the history of mankind which potentially throws a huge monkey wrench into it. It would appear, through the works of Zecharia Sitchin (The Earth Chronicles), Erich von Däniken, and others, not to mention many Biblical references (some quite disturbing), that humankind has been genetically tampered with - genetically mixed with extraterrestrial beings that did not naturally evolve on our planet. IMO the evidence is overwhelming.

If this is true, as I believe it is, the question then becomes one of how this unnatural genetic tampering effects the foods which we are now genetically predisposed to consume for maximum health benefits. Mankind's history is not what it appears to be.

I will agree that roughly 10,000 years ago civilization began and mankind started to cultivate crops on a large scale. This occurred primarily in Mesopotamia where most of our modern grains such as wheat and barley originated. An exception is corn which has been genetically traced back to a type of grass which is found today in southern Mexico. These grains were deliberately bred and improved upon over hundreds and thousands of years.

A curious question is this: What prompted the abrupt and sudden emergence of civilization and agriculture which is so foreign to the lifestyle of the hunter-gatherers? Again, one possible explanation, and the one recorded on unearthed Sumarian clay tablets, is that the "Gods" [Aliens] came down from the sky and introduced these things to mankind. This same theme is found among indigenous people all over the world.

This whole issue may seem whacky and trivial to those accustomed to accepting traditional Earth-history views, but again, the evidence is overwhelming when you take an honest look at it. This isn't to say that alien intervention negates the theory behind the Primal diet, but it does give one pause to reflect on it's possible significance, and whether or not the diet of our pre-alien hunter-gatherer ancestors is truly optimal for us today.

We're not necessarily genetically the same as our ancestors in other words, but rather, quite possibly, a mix of earth primate and alien. In the spirit of disclosure, I am a conservative individual and not given to new age hype, woo woo-ism, or fad thinking. In addition, I am not on, nor have ever been, on any medications, being completely in my right mind. This issue deserves serious consideration.
    Last edited by Annunaki55; 02-18-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: clarification

jeni is offline Junior Member
    I know this is silly, but I just joined and can't figure out how to create a new post; the only options I see are how to reply to threads. I just want to do daily food journal posts for myself...

yyylove is offline Junior Member
    Thank that you lot! Your focus is helpful!
    Institute of loneliness, not who will treat you as treasure guarding. Learn to be independent, and can no longer blindly trouble others to do their own things.Institute of unsympathetic, the roll to roll, the stay will remain. Learn to grow up, can not be as wayward. Learn to forget, can not live in the past time.
    http://www.cyclenetwork.net/
    http://www.netforcycle.com/

Jonesystaffs is offline Junior Member
    Hi to all, my first day on the primate diet starts tomorrow!!

Fatty31 is offline Junior Member
    Hi All , today is my first day of Primal. I am excited and I hope i can maintain it.. need all your support

jenniferbrookw is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and educating myself more and more everyday regarding paleo/primal living. Ready to begin. Your advice and support is deeply appreciated.
    ~ Jennifer ... beginning primal paleo life March 2013

megwilliams is offline Junior Member
    I truly want to embrace the Primal lifestyle (if you will) but I'm having a hard time with the dairy argument. I love dairy, and I read Mark's article on why it is and isn't bad for you. He mentioned not drinking pasturized milk, which shocked me. I recently had a baby and March of Dimes indicates all milk should be pasturized. Here is info I got from wikipedia (how trusted of a source is this?) "Nonpasteurized, raw milk, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), was responsible for 86 reported food poisoning outbreaks between 1998 and 2008, resulting in 1,676 illnesses, 191 hospitalizations, and two deaths. Improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more hospitalizations than any other foodborne disease outbreak.[23] ^ Hannah Gould, CDC, 2011, http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/12/health/food-poisoning-protection-guide/index.html" So what on earth is the benefit???

megwilliams is offline Junior Member
    I'm having the same problem, Jeni!

RayDWeger is offline Member
    Hello Mark I am new to your Forum but have been researching & using your concepts for about 4 weeks and have lost 10 pounds & 4% body fat.... Pretty impressed so far

Ray

Geeknik is offline Member
    Just joined today. Started eating Primal the last week of Feb. when I was 200ish lbs and now I'm down to 173. Hope to continue to lose until I get down to around 130.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast