Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 14

treefrog is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes I'm a bit lost too.there's so much going on and tons of great info.we will catch on I'm sure

jacqui is offline Junior Member

how much time were you primal before the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    Hello.I was eating primal until this summer ...
    how much time were you primal before the summer?

did you start "primaling" to lose weight?

how is that going?

Primal Cilla for life is offline Junior Member
    Jacqui,
    I'm with you I had an initial good burst of wgt loss and inch loss but everything has slowed down now. I just keep remembering that i have tried everything else and that I know that CW doesn't work for me. I know I have got a lot of the primal things right but I wasn't consistently lifting heavy things or sprinting often. So I'm just trying to get the whole lifestyle together. I just keep thinking it isn't a matter of if I lose the fat but a matter of when! I also feel great. Cilla

Primal In-Training is offline Junior Member
    Hi! Just wanted to share something which is a gross subject, but for things like intestinal bugs (bad case of diarrhea), sweet potatoes are great!! I microwaved a sweet potato for 10 min. (5 min. then flip over) and ate it plain (didn't eat the whole thing).
    I was so hungry after 24 hours of no food, and everything in my body being purged from both ends. I made this and it really helped! I alternated it with plain scrambled egg. Also drank sips of water often. I think the old "remedies" of crackers, soup, etc. don't work as well (crackers are bad anyway). Are sweet potatoes Primal?

Greg0ory is offline Junior Member
    No more bumping threads!

jacqui is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Cilla for life View Post
    Jacqui,
    I'm with you I had an initial good burst of wgt loss and inch loss but everything has slowed down now. I just keep remembering that i have tried everything else and that I know that CW doesn't work for me. I know I have got a lot of the primal things right but I wasn't consistently lifting heavy things or sprinting often. So I'm just trying to get the whole lifestyle together. I just keep thinking it isn't a matter of if I lose the fat but a matter of when! I also feel great. Cilla
    you are right, i feel i am on the right path, there is no going back to CW, that is why even if my weight is going down slowly, i haven't gone back to sugar, i just believe i will be OK. let's keep the support

Primal Diva is offline Junior Member
    Hi All,

I have finally picked up my copy of Primal Blueprint yesterday after a long time lurking on Marks Daily Apple!!

Been struggling with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndromes) for years, a blood test two years ago showed that I have developed high sensitivity to various foods (mainly veggies...) and yeast intolerance. The test ended my life of vegetarian, I removed bread and pasta from my diet, together with eating meat again, CFS has been slightly improved but I have since put on weight and now it's plateaued at 60kg.

The fact that carbo-loading depleted my energy and gave me run (non pun-intended) in the past running events, I tried to reduce my carb intake to 5g/ kg bodyweight while training for triathlon, conventional nutrition ADVISES endurance athletes to consume 5-10g/ kg bodyweight a day to prevent glycogen depletion. Despite the cut on carbohydrates, I saw no improvement with neither CFS nor sports performance.... Then I came across Tim Noakes' evolutionary dietary change.

I was skeptical at first, because he's consuming merely 30g carbs a day! Anyway, I further reduced my carb intake to about 200g a day, was reluctant to give up my museli breakfast! I had a few light-headed and sugar craving moments, plus I didn't know that 150-200g carbs a day (some days over 200g) was still a lot so the dietary change didn't stick.

When I was STILL eating a lot of rice cakes 2 weeks ago, I decided to go cold turkey altogether in order to lose a few kgs for the upcoming running and triathlon events. It's been 10 days since I went 'semi-primal', eating about 100-150g carbs a day, mainly from skim milk (I'm allergic to cream and full fat milk) and soup. The most noticeable changes are a flatter stomach and improved gas issue. Now that I know I should target 50-100g carbs to burn fat, it would be interesting to see how I break plateau with a new lifestyle that started today.

Joey
    LIVE THE DREAM

dgibney is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubsy_brown View Post
    Hey Primal world.

My name is Garvin. I am really loving the primal community gathered in Marks site. I have being adopting the worlds oldest diet for 3 weeks I know it works because it "just feels right".......I am reading reading reading all things related to real food. However, I am experiencing some trouble in getting to sleep at night. I have being reading the importance of sleep, the negative effects of a poor sleeping pattern has on the body. . But God do I find it hard to sleep......Any HELP???
    Hey Garvin, I am only on my 7th day, but I noticed I had some sleeping problems for a few days as well, I think it was because I am getting newfound energy from the diet, but have not yet reduced the amount of stimulants I used to need to get through the day (caffeine, and some medication I am on) once my energy becomes consistent I am going to try and do a slow reduction of stimulants, as well, I haven't been doing enough of the primal exercise to burn some of that energy and I am hoping that will help to. I am also experiencing the "just feels right" thing. Kinda awesome right?

Robinhoo is offline Junior Member
    My energy level is up, I'm sleeping better, and I'm no longer ravenously hungry all the time. The weight is just melting off!!

Fayne Anne Griffiths is offline Junior Member
    health and fitness
    health is most important to the people in their life..good heath habit is wont to the good life.i think is very good idea to live in long time.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast