Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 13

Bubsy_brown is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Primal world.

My name is Garvin. I am really loving the primal community gathered in Marks site. I have being adopting the worlds oldest diet for 3 weeks I know it works because it "just feels right".......I am reading reading reading all things related to real food. However, I am experiencing some trouble in getting to sleep at night. I have being reading the importance of sleep, the negative effects of a poor sleeping pattern has on the body. . But God do I find it hard to sleep......Any HELP???

Cisco-Kid is offline Junior Member
    How do I start a new thread ? I have some questions!!

Cisco-Kid is offline Junior Member
    How do I post a new thread...?? I'm new to this site and forums in general and I can't figure out how to do it!!

caroprimal is offline Junior Member
    Wow, impressive... one question, Are you eating dairy??

caroprimal is offline Junior Member
    Cisco-kid - - Im new to, not sure how and who we direct questions to!

meghanemily is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone. I am new to this website and the whole primal journey so I apologize if I am asking repetitive questions since I cannot seem to find some answers. I began weight watchers about a month ago and was not really losing a significant amount of weight on the program until I started researching this whole lifestyle. I started limiting my intake of carbs to around 100g a day and have since then lowered them to 50g. I am a somewhat vegetarian in that I do not eat red meats, but still enjoy some lean meats. I have been consuming about 100g a day or more and have been afraid to up my fat grams to over 50. So I guess my real question is how many grams of protein/fat would you suggest for someone looking to lose about 15 pounds (goal of 135 lbs)? Is dairy necessary bad? I tend to eat about 3 servings of fat-free cottage cheese a day. And once I reach my goal, what is the maximum amount of carbs, you would suggest? Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

Quinch is offline Junior Member
    I've just found your site today and of course, joined right away. The idea of a back to basics, what we ate when we were a healthy species, diet seemed revolutionary when I learned of it. Next, I was off to the library to find Robb Wolf's excellent book, The Paleo Solution, and then of course Loren Cordain's Paleo Diet. Mark Sisson's name came up just today in another natural health forum to which I belong.
    When I was still building condos, I hit my highest weight ever. For a 6'1" man, 206 is not extreme but still it is too much. 27 stories, lots of stairs every single day, and I couldn't get rid of the gut. When I saw the number on the scale, I could not understand. Why couldn't I lose the weight? Surely, I thought, my job comes with many benefits, including that it's a "paid workout." It just didn't work out that way!
    Today, I weigh-in at 175-180, after cutting sugars, breads and the muffins that seemed like such a great "breakfast on the run." And that's with almost no effort, no running, and no workouts.
    Still trying to get my wife on board; she's wants to but won't give up her rice, being still convinced that carbs are "essential," and "brain food."
    When I eat Paleo/Primal, I feel good, I can go for hours between meals, my eczema goes away and there's another, more serious, health condition I have that has been very quiet lately.
    Looking forward to having another source of healthy lifestyle information at hand. Thanks.
    Last edited by Quinch; 10-23-2012 at 10:55 AM.

jacqui is offline Junior Member
    Hi you all!

My name is Jacqui and i am eating primal these last two month, after so many years of dieting and trying everything to lose weight.

I feel great, is like finally i feel free from food, i eat and that's it, no cravings, no binging, no six meals a day, no 15 gr carbs per meal, free!!!

but, although i have lost some weight, like 7 pounds, i haven't been losing weight for two or three weeks now and there is this very low, annoying but clear voice inside my head saying "maybe is just another fad diet, you are again not burning fat and maybe until now it was all water and ... ",

so as i am feeling so great and i don't want to go back to the way i ate before, i decided i needed support urgently... can you help me? what can i do so i don't stop believing, until i start really losing weight like the incredible stories i read at this site? i really think this is it, i need this to work, i am 36, i cant go back to being sugar dependent, but i need this to work, i need to lose weight, for my health, and other reasons...

hoping to "read" from you!!!

treefrog is offline Junior Member
    Hello.I was eating primal until this summer that I spent four months boating with friends..I ate like they do and gained five pounds and a nice case of pre diabetes ..so I can show them this site and prove I'm not a control freak about food choices

treefrog is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just hang in there. It takes time for our bodies to realize we mean business and are really going to get healthy forever..

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast