Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle page 11

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by revcozmo View Post
    It's only been three days of the diet and I'm struggling with the caffeine part. It gave me a HUGE migraine trying to just drop it, so, I'm weaning myself off slowly
    Mark Sisson has a coffee every morning mate, it's Primal within reason, one or two a day is fine

AdamA is offline Junior Member
    Hi, my name is Adam, I am new here.. Hope to learn new things from you guys soon..

Jonnyoutlaw is offline Junior Member
    Hello All,

My name is Jon, and I am pretty new to the primal blueprint but I have tried paleo straight up and Whole 30 and The Blueprint has really just grabbed me and hopefully the "family" here will help me along. I have also started using kettlebells heavily and at somepoint would love to get certs. I have heard some about a company called beyond organic, does that go hand in hand at all with the blueprint? Thanks.

Jon

CriQue312 is offline Junior Member
    Time to add the 90 day workbook link
    CriQue ~ Groking it like it's hot since June 26, 2010
    May 26, 2010 241lbs, // Aug 12, 2011 178lbs // Goal 150ish

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
    - Melody Beattie

lovinYou is offline Junior Member
    I'm also a primal consumer and it's really one of the best thing that has happened to me

cavegirlsrock is offline Junior Member
    My name is Alexis. I have been experimenting with Paleo for a year, figuring out what works best for me, as a young, social woman.

antionette41 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm new on the forum and just started eating one healthy meal a day. Also, I've incorporate one spoonful of peanut butter daily to satisfy my hungry pain. Have anyone tried this and if so, what was the results?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

Smile

Hi I am new here, and a little computer illiterate, so my apologies if I have done this wrong! I have been living the primal lifestyle now for 7 weeks, and wow what an incredible transformation. I have lost 5kg, am now sleeping all night, I do not ache when I wake up in the morning, and I am so NOT hungry - its fabulous

Your location: I live just out of Christchurch, New Zealand, and yes we have been rocking and rolling steadily now for 18 + months.

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: I am not eating any processed foods, sugar or grains. However I am having coffee with a little cream.

Do you consume dairy: Just 1/4 cup of cream each morning.... in my 2 x coffees

Do you drink coffee or tea: ditto and black tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was hospitalized for 8 days, three years ago, with a suspected spider bite/rose thorn infection. The poison tracked up my arm and into my head. For the last three years I have been quite unwell, ached continuously, headaches, etc...etc... long story. I have been trying for sometime to cleanse my system and get well. My doctor has totally fobbed me off several times, and has suggested that time will heal !
    Through my investigation on the net, I stumbled across Marks Daily Apple. Wow... an absolute life changer

Favorite exercise: Walking/jogging

Favorite Primal food: I am a farmer so.......meat, meat and a little more meat

Best part about being Primal: feeling well again after so long of dis-ease

Worst part about being Primal: My friends and families negative reactions
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 07-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.

mbunderson is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to being Primal and am so excited to have started this lifestyle…HOWEVER, I have some questions and concerns due to my longstanding relationship with Conventional Wisdom. I was hoping some of the veterans on here could possibly help me out.

Firstly, let me just introduce myself- I’m Michelle and have been in the health/fitness industry for the past 10 years. I have literally put my body through more experiments than a lab rat all in the name of becoming fitter and healthier. Last year, despite copious exercise (I teach fitness classes as part of my living) and watching my diet (I even joined Weight Watchers and got a dietician) my weight crept up 15 lbs and starting having all sorts of symptoms and was subsequently diagnosed with hypothyroid and high cortisol in December 2011. Since then it seems I can lose a couple of lbs and then regain them immediately, and I am so frustrated and depressed because I still don’t have the energy I used to but I have to fake it to my fitness classes, despite being on thyroid medication.

Question #1: YEARS of calorie counting and/or using Weight Watchers Points have been drilled in my head so the idea of NOT counting almost causes a panic attack… I am seriously stressing about gaining more weight. Even though I haven’t been losing, I haven’t been GAINING. I am not doing this for weight loss, I am doing it to feel good and correct/prevent a plethora of health issues in the future, but I also do need to take of this (thyroid) weight.

Fat = EVIL on ALL of those programs so I am really battling the idea of eating so much fat due to the high caloric content. My Livestrong account says I need about 1350 calories a day for my height and weight to lose 1-2 lbs a week. I couldn’t resist finding out my nutrition totals (especially carb g) so logged my first day eating Paleo and I was at 1900 due to the additional fat! This is WAY more than I usually eat, mind you I have had to do over 2 hours of fitness classes today so I was hungry! Mark says you have to listen to your body but I have no idea how to do that anymore after so many years of believing I had to be hungry to lose weight. Should I keep my fat % the same but just try to eat 1350 (which is also incidentally my Basal Metabolic Rate, according to a Nutrition Course that I took, taught by Conventional Wisdom).

I would so love some input on this...I was going to ask another question but this post is becoming a novel so I am going to refrain. Apologies, I have a gregarious nature even on paper

fmyurich is offline Member
    I'm new here and I've been slowly transitioning into the "Primal Lifestyle." I just wanted to make sure I could finally post on the forum, I'll tell everyone a little more about myself later.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast