Thread: Where do you buy LARD? page

mgarone is offline Junior Member

Where do you buy LARD?

Primal Fuel
    Hello all,

I am in search of some good lard for cooking. I would love to find some from pastured pigs that are raised properly. Does anyone know of anywhere online I could find some or anywhere near OH?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    yeah I don't really wanna make my own either... not until I get some grass fed fat ya hurd.

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    In the Dayton area I buy pastured lard at the Second Street Market (Farm market in season). It's open until 2 on Saturdays, not sure of any other hours they may have. Look at EatWild.com and see what's close to you.

The farmer's market in Worthington (Saturdays) has a few pastured products vendors, too.
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Contact your local farmers that provide pastured pork/beef etc.... I find all of my farmers offer it, they just don't Advertise it.... Pure White clean filtered and pastured lard is some good eatin's.....

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Leaf lard is the best. I believe US Wellness meats has lard. Here is their website.
    http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok

I get mine from Thundering Hooves from Walla Walla Wa.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Ask your butcher for pork fat and render it down - in a slow cooker, it is super easy! Just chop the fat really small (as small as you can be bothered to chop it) and add a cup or two of water. Switch on slow cooker to low and leave it overnight. Might take most of the next day too. The pour into glass jars and keep in the fridge.

Taste is wonderful.