Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Simple Shopping App, Out Of Milk

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,874

    Simple Shopping App, Out Of Milk

    Shop Now
    Hey guys,

    I have an application that I've been working on in my spare time for android phones called Out of Milk. It's basically a shopping list / to-do list / spice rack (helps keep track of what you have so you don't buy duplicates)

    http://www.appbrain.com/app/out-of-m...gami.outofmilk

    Right now we have some pretty good features, but in the next month or so will be releasing:
    1) A Website with full list syncing capabilities
    2) Expanded pantry (create your own pantries and store how much you have of your items)
    3) Real time list sharing between family members (list updates in real time if both are shopping off the same list!)
    4) To-Do alarms and notifications
    4) AND MORE!

    It's already an amazing application and we are expanding on it rapidly, so I thought that this might help some of you manage your primal shopping and inventories.

    I hope you enjoy it!

    edit: Oh yeah, I do ask that if you enjoy the application or like it, please leave us a rating and comment on the android market!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio and Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,426
    That is really cool Riv

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,718
    Cool! I have a droid so I'll give this a whirl and report back! I don't do much shopping though, should probably say that...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,038
    Neat! I'm installing it right now to try it out. I have to admit I've gotten pretty hooked on my current shopping list app (I use "Hungry!") so I'm not sure it will replace that... but I still haven't found a to-do list app I really like (Astrid is ok, but not perfect), and the spice rack feature sounds cool.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

    I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    Neat! I'm installing it right now to try it out. I have to admit I've gotten pretty hooked on my current shopping list app (I use "Hungry!") so I'm not sure it will replace that... but I still haven't found a to-do list app I really like (Astrid is ok, but not perfect), and the spice rack feature sounds cool.
    Great! The To-Do list still has quite a few features coming, and if people express interest in the app than I will continue updating this thread as we push out updates and features.

    Also, feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions here in the thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,038
    Now that I've played with it for a whole 2 minutes, hehe... I think the spice rack thing fulfills a need I didn't even know I had. =] I can't wait to go home and dig through my (messy) spice cupboard and enter them all in. Maybe then I won't end up running out of cumin but somehow having 3 unopened bottles of onion powder (true story).
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

    I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    716
    I downloaded and I think I might use it to keep track of items we are out of as we run out of them The barcode thingy is pretty hit or miss so far. I tried it one almond milk and it recognized it instantly. I tried it with coconut oil and it took forever and never got it. Then I re-tried almond milk and it took foooreeever but got it. I think the speaking tool is way faster, anyway, so I don't really foresee this becoming a problem.

    Anyway, cool app and I look forward to using it!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,795
    Any chance of seeing a version for iPad or Palm?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Any chance of seeing a version for iPad or Palm?
    Once we have all of the features implemented that I listed in the first post, we plan on porting it to both iPad and Palm devices. We really want to nail down the website and android versions to make sure our real-time syncing, widgets, and other features work perfectly before trying to support multiple devices.

    Also, we need to generate some revenue before we start buying iPads to test with

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,718
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Once we have all of the features implemented that I listed in the first post, we plan on porting it to both iPad and Palm devices. We really want to nail down the website and android versions to make sure our real-time syncing, widgets, and other features work perfectly before trying to support multiple devices.

    Also, we need to generate some revenue before we start buying iPads to test with
    I don't see a 'donate' option on the app papi... how you gonna get this money?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •