Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Shopping App, Out Of Milk page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Simple Shopping App, Out Of Milk

Shop Now
    Hey guys,

I have an application that I've been working on in my spare time for android phones called Out of Milk. It's basically a shopping list / to-do list / spice rack (helps keep track of what you have so you don't buy duplicates)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/out-of-m...gami.outofmilk

Right now we have some pretty good features, but in the next month or so will be releasing:
    1) A Website with full list syncing capabilities
    2) Expanded pantry (create your own pantries and store how much you have of your items)
    3) Real time list sharing between family members (list updates in real time if both are shopping off the same list!)
    4) To-Do alarms and notifications
    4) AND MORE!

It's already an amazing application and we are expanding on it rapidly, so I thought that this might help some of you manage your primal shopping and inventories.

I hope you enjoy it!

edit: Oh yeah, I do ask that if you enjoy the application or like it, please leave us a rating and comment on the android market!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    That is really cool Riv

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Cool! I have a droid so I'll give this a whirl and report back! I don't do much shopping though, should probably say that...

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Neat! I'm installing it right now to try it out. I have to admit I've gotten pretty hooked on my current shopping list app (I use "Hungry!") so I'm not sure it will replace that... but I still haven't found a to-do list app I really like (Astrid is ok, but not perfect), and the spice rack feature sounds cool.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    Neat! I'm installing it right now to try it out. I have to admit I've gotten pretty hooked on my current shopping list app (I use "Hungry!") so I'm not sure it will replace that... but I still haven't found a to-do list app I really like (Astrid is ok, but not perfect), and the spice rack feature sounds cool.
    Great! The To-Do list still has quite a few features coming, and if people express interest in the app than I will continue updating this thread as we push out updates and features.

Also, feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions here in the thread.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Now that I've played with it for a whole 2 minutes, hehe... I think the spice rack thing fulfills a need I didn't even know I had. =] I can't wait to go home and dig through my (messy) spice cupboard and enter them all in. Maybe then I won't end up running out of cumin but somehow having 3 unopened bottles of onion powder (true story).
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I downloaded and I think I might use it to keep track of items we are out of as we run out of them The barcode thingy is pretty hit or miss so far. I tried it one almond milk and it recognized it instantly. I tried it with coconut oil and it took forever and never got it. Then I re-tried almond milk and it took foooreeever but got it. I think the speaking tool is way faster, anyway, so I don't really foresee this becoming a problem.

Anyway, cool app and I look forward to using it!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Any chance of seeing a version for iPad or Palm?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Any chance of seeing a version for iPad or Palm?
    Once we have all of the features implemented that I listed in the first post, we plan on porting it to both iPad and Palm devices. We really want to nail down the website and android versions to make sure our real-time syncing, widgets, and other features work perfectly before trying to support multiple devices.

Also, we need to generate some revenue before we start buying iPads to test with

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Once we have all of the features implemented that I listed in the first post, we plan on porting it to both iPad and Palm devices. We really want to nail down the website and android versions to make sure our real-time syncing, widgets, and other features work perfectly before trying to support multiple devices.

Also, we need to generate some revenue before we start buying iPads to test with
    I don't see a 'donate' option on the app papi... how you gonna get this money?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast