Thread: Fitness tipping points page

gt74 is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I've lost 24 pounds in 9 weeks doing, frankly, not very much. Down from 226 to 202 @ 6'1".

I've cut processed foods out of my diet but maintaining about 2400 cals intake a day.

3 times a week I walk 2 and a half miles to the gym do weights for 45 mins and run back in best time and at the weekends I windsurf with about 3 hours of water time both days.

Up until now, I've plodded back but tonight having hit 202 lbs I had to hold back the run pace and was sprinting at the end. So, what's changed?

I feel better, the results are beginning to have me grinning to myself, my clothes will have to go because they're too big.

I'm definately interested in tipping points. 202lbs seems a fairly strange point to suddenly enjoy it and for the running not to feel like a chore.

Did you have a point where it suddenly felt good and not just a chore?

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Congratulations! Not sure where it was for me but I know that when I weighed 220 lbs (6' tall) I couldn't do a single pull up. Now at 175 lbs I can do 15 (18 is my personal best). I think the tipping point comes when your lean body mass can more than compensate for the body fat you are carrying. Looks like 202 was that point for you.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

...mine was when I started being happy when I was putting on my gym clothes. Used to be, I was tying my shoes V...E...R...Y slowly.

Now I'm stoked. I don't even know what I'm going to do until I get there, but I know it's going to be gonzo and fun. I'll be there max of 45 minutes, not at all like the old cardio-junkie days.

When I get home, I will be drenched in sweat, totally burnt, and so content

:-D