Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So.. just one tbs of sugar kept me from being in ketosis??? page

So.. just one tbs of sugar kept me from being in ketosis???

I have been on PB for about two months 100%. (except for 1 tablespoon of sugar every morning with my coffe). Well for the last few days I have been eleminating that one tablespoon and putting in stevia instead.. well by golly guess what? I am NOW FINALLY IN KETOSIS!!!
    And I know this because I have been using the keto strips!
    That is the ONLY thing I have changed. I eat very little fruit and when I do its berries. So.. could my observation be true? That the little ONE freak'n tablespoon of sugar in the morning kept me out of ketosis?????
    Please tell me it aint so cause if it is I want to kick myself!!!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Easily. If you prime your body in the morning to expect sugar - that's all it's going to look for.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    probably true

I think that some who struggle and have seen very few results is because they have never entered into ketosis which I think is key in making the switch. For faster results anyhow. I'm not saying that they can't get there with 70 and under carbs a day, just saying that could take much longer. I still think that getting 50 and under for at least 2 weeks and then slowly adjusting up if needed is what some might need to do, probably more true of women.

When I struggle, I really lower the carbs for a few days or more and this seems to jolt me again. I am no spring chicken.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Yes.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Other than that one tbs of sugar, it would be an impossibilty to lower my carbs! I eat less than 20 grams a day EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, you can definitely eat more vegetables and still remain in a ketogenic state. But straight sugar is going to knock you out of it, for sure.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missprimaldiva View Post
    Other than that one tbs of sugar, it would be an impossibilty to lower my carbs! I eat less than 20 grams a day EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!
    ahhh, then you were probably already in ketosis and had ketoadapted. Over time, you'll quit spilling ketones and the strips won't change anymore. It'll eventually happen again....right now you're spilling, give it a few weeks to months with the same diet and the strips won't be turning anymore. (for most...there are always exceptions).

Whenever I go out of ketosis, I start spilling ketones again when I re-enter ketosis....then over time the strips get lighter and stop turning.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    good point cillacat

Does that mean if the strips stop changing that I wont be losing weight anymore?????

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by missprimaldiva View Post
    Does that mean if the strips stop changing that I wont be losing weight anymore?????
    Nope.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast