Thread: This is a first - words fail me... page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

This is a first - words fail me...

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/blo...-carbohydrates

And to think I used to work for the nutritionist mentioned in this article. Wish I was still in touch with her so I could slap the truth into her!

Here's her advice to someone with Type 2 diabetes. I'd love to find out her extension at the BNA (British Nutrition Association) call her and ask her to provide me with evidence that a low fat high carb diet will cure T2 diabetes - then I'll hit her with PB!

I sometimes wonder if the BNA and BDA shouldn't carry a tagline 'Sponsored by The Grain Farming and Processing Industry'
    La tristesse durera toujours...

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    nothing new really. I subscribe to over 20 magazines in health, fitness and fashion magazines (because of the industry I work in) and articles like this are a dime a dozen. Low fat, low fat, low fat. Whole grains touting all the way.

Honestly, it isn't worth the trouble to try and "educate" anyone.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    When the student is ready, the teacher will arrive. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

There's a reason for cliches like those; they're true. The best thing we can do is live our lives with purpose, with conscious intent. People do notice and they do ask questions. That's the first sign that they're receptive. They won't be able to take it all in at first. Like most of us, they're indoctrinated by CW. *shoulder shrug*

Be the change you want to see in the world (and all that).

Vicki Lynn is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Write a scathing letter to the editor of the magazine and refute all erroneous assertions.