Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eyesight, vision whatever. page

LockieKermit is offline Member

eyesight, vision whatever.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Im not sure where I should be posting this but basically what is your opinion on eyesight?

It seems a large portion of the population are wearing glasses and many others who need to.
    Why do you think this is?

I asked him why so many asian people wear glasses, he tells me in Japan (in his case) getting your eyes checked is a regular thing, much like going to the dentist or something and so weak eyesight is picked up easily.

In my case I wore glasses since I was 5 and when I hit my teens I was told I didn't need them anymore and that my eyes were developing to be stronger naturally. I have slight astigmatism and an out of shape cornea on my eyes, or one of my eyes, I cant remember.
    Now at the age of 16 I need glasses again, if I want to read small writing a few feet infront of me I have to squint otherwise it's blurry and god help me if im trying to read something 20 feet away.

Im wanting to try eye exercises to improve my vision, has anyone had any success in this?

cheers
    Lockie

periquin is offline Senior Member
    No matter what, do not force your eyes to 'see' something. It is the stress of forcing eyes to do something that they can't do that causes the muscles about the eyeball to get out of balance and change the shape of the eye. That is what causes a loss of focus. Using glasses or any other lens also perpetuates and exacerbates the problem. No one needs progressively weaker glasses. It is always the other way.

Look up the Bates method of vision improvement. Read the good and the bad---there will be a lot of bad. I feel confident to say that the bad was due to people wanting to protect incomes, not "fix" eyes. Read all the references and decide.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

dromos is offline Member
    Oh boy, here we go...

As a soon-to-be-graduating optometry student I'll have a lot to say on this when I have more time.

jjones is offline Member
    dromos, that reply was totally worthless. Tell us now

dromos is offline Member
    Eye exercises will not improve your vision, assuming you're trying to correct the blur resulting from near or farsightedness and astigmatism. The only way to correct these is with glasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery like LASIK. Eye coordination problems(divergence and convergence insufficiency, accommodative insufficiency and infacility) can easily be treated with orthoptics or vision therapy assuming the proper corrective lenses are in place to provide a clear image on the retina.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dromos View Post
    Eye exercises will not improve your vision, assuming you're trying to correct the blur resulting from near or farsightedness and astigmatism. The only way to correct these is with glasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery like LASIK. Eye coordination problems(divergence and convergence insufficiency, accommodative insufficiency and infacility) can easily be treated with orthoptics or vision therapy assuming the proper corrective lenses are in place to provide a clear image on the retina.
    But back to the OP's original question....WHY does such a huge proportion of the population need glasses? What would a short-sighted Grok have done?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Lars86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    ...I feel confident to say that the bad was due to people wanting to protect incomes, not "fix" eyes.
    As a soon-to-be-graduating optometry student I'll have a lot to say on this when I have more time.

Hmmm

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    grok didn't have to read tiny print....or read at all for that matter

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Some theorize that it's a multifactoral issue involving vitamin d deficiency during the fetal period that results in suboptimal skull/eye socket shape...that in combination with continued D deficiency, lack of opportunities for our eyes to be used in a biologically appropriate manner over time...

It's not something I've really looked into but I do think there is definitely something going on wrt fetal development, nutrition and use.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy, here we go...

I was intrigued to see your previous post about coconut butter. You were lucky no cardiovascular equivalent of you responded with "As a soon-to-be-graduating cardiovascular surgeon, I'll have a lot to say on this...."

Much of what you are (presumably?) embracing in Primal goes counter to conventional wisdom. Conventional wisdom is taught in school. I'm not saying all schooling is wrong, but it seems odd to come here waving a conventional-wisdom-education to a crowd of skeptics, as if that will make everyone take that as gospel. Not saying you're wrong, just curious about your approach here.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast