Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Knifegill page 8

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Clean teeth.
    Try oil-pulling with coconut oil, 20mn / day before brushing your teeth or first thing in the morning.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal - Knifegill

Staying full: I had a much harder time at the beginning of reintroducing carbs. Now I am almost back to 2-3 meals a day. Gelatin helps a lot. Now when I get hungry it is mostly because I am insanely full during dinner for about 500 cals and I had also weight trained that day. Later I will probably eat more before bed. I would recommend hydrolyxate gelatin and add it to drinks.

Mood: I find that low carb makes me have an even temper... But I also never get euphorically happy either. On carbs I am really happy for no good reason again.

Coconut milk: you can still drink some. No need to cut fat to 0%. I use trader Joe's light coconut milk and go through quite a bit of it until I figure out how to drink milk again (lactose intolerant now after cutting it out long time ago due to CW healthy).

I am still getting a decent amount of fat in. About 2-4 eggs a day, beef or lamb (not always the leanest cuts), and then light coconut milk. Just no bulletproof coffee or massive amounts of nuts. Also I stopped buying bacon.
    I find cutting fat too low makes me develop cravings for fatty junk food like ice cream and milk chocolate.

Today I ate (training day, so tons of food at dinner)
    -4 types of tea
    -Lite coconut milk, gelatin & coffee x2 until 1pm
    -1 piece lamb shoulder, 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup egg whites & 1/2 tbsp gelatin in 1-2 tsp ghee for lunch
    -maybe 8oz gelatinous beef from neckbones (picked out of my pot of bone broth made with these meaty bones) for dinner/before bed.
    -10-12oz 1% cottage cheese with cinnamon
    -1 slice of pumpkin custard (made with gelatin, eggs, pumpkin purée, spices, sugar, maple syrup)
    -2 12oz bottles of oj (one before gym; one after)
    -1 or 2 slices of pineapple

Tomorrow I will be more conservative (meat, melon, egg white, cottage cheese) since I am not training.

I try to eat my fat/protein earlier during the day and more carbs around dinner. Helps with sleep, workout recovery, and with curbing hunger throughout the day. Also it is like a 24 hr carb cycling regiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-21-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Sushi might be a good way to get resistant starch; white rice is pretty benign for most people. It's expensive, though, so you can just make a bowl of the ingredients and eat it like that instead of buying it or the ingredients to do the traditional rolls.
    It is pretty easy to make a roll. I did it... It wasn't pretty but I did it. It was mostly not cutting it with a sushi knife that made it ugly.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    It is pretty easy to make a roll. I did it... It wasn't pretty but I did it. It was mostly not cutting it with a sushi knife that made it ugly.

Haha, I've made some funky little rolls before too. Not too hard but definitely not as pretty as sushi chefs make them! Jagged edges when sliced. I made all of Japan cry.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Haha, I've made some funky little rolls before too. Not too hard but definitely not as pretty as sushi chefs make them! Jagged edges when sliced. I made all of Japan cry.
    Sometimes I give up and eat the sushi burrito style.

------

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Ha ha. Sushi burrito.

Try oil-pulling with coconut oil, 20mn / day before brushing your teeth or first thing in the morning.
    I hate brushing my teeth. But coconut oil does leave a clean feeling after I have to brush. Which I will, if I keep eating sugar.

Staying full: I had a much harder time at the beginning of reintroducing carbs. Now I am almost back to 2-3 meals a day. Gelatin helps a lot. Now when I get hungry it is mostly because I am insanely full during dinner for about 500 cals and I had also weight trained that day. Later I will probably eat more before bed. I would recommend hydrolyxate gelatin and add it to drinks.

Mood: I find that low carb makes me have an even temper... But I also never get euphorically happy either. On carbs I am really happy for no good reason again.

Coconut milk: you can still drink some. No need to cut fat to 0%. I use trader Joe's light coconut milk and go through quite a bit of it until I figure out how to drink milk again (lactose intolerant now after cutting it out long time ago due to CW healthy).

I am still getting a decent amount of fat in. About 2-4 eggs a day, beef or lamb (not always the leanest cuts), and then light coconut milk. Just no bulletproof coffee or massive amounts of nuts. Also I stopped buying bacon.
    I find cutting fat too low makes me develop cravings for fatty junk food like ice cream and milk chocolate.

Today I ate (training day, so tons of food at dinner)
    -4 types of tea
    -Lite coconut milk, gelatin & coffee x2 until 1pm
    -1 piece lamb shoulder, 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup egg whites & 1/2 tbsp gelatin in 1-2 tsp ghee for lunch
    -maybe 8oz gelatinous beef from neckbones (picked out of my pot of bone broth made with these meaty bones) for dinner/before bed.
    -10-12oz 1% cottage cheese with cinnamon
    -1 slice of pumpkin custard (made with gelatin, eggs, pumpkin purée, spices, sugar, maple syrup)
    -2 12oz bottles of oj (one before gym; one after)
    -1 or 2 slices of pineapple

Tomorrow I will be more conservative (meat, melon, egg white, cottage cheese) since I am not training.

I try to eat my fat/protein earlier during the day and more carbs around dinner. Helps with sleep, workout recovery, and with curbing hunger throughout the day. Also it is like a 24 hr carb cycling regiment.

I like the protein/fat one meal and carbiness later. Might try to incorporate that to see how it feels.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Depending on your bodyweight you can still fit 60g of fat in there pretty easily without gaining especially if you're exercising. Coconut oil(and milk) and heavy saturated sources will actually help you improve insulin sensitivity in response to sugar. It's just too much fat can often create huge surpluses in addition to carbohydrates which is why some may advise against too much fat.

Also, it's best to have most(not all) of your fat in the evening and protein and carbs during the day. Though I'd have some coconut oil during the day as opposed to night because it revs me up, personally.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and enough calcium and its proper metabolites will make it so you don't need to brush much. I imagine more shit gets stuck in your teeth from meat rather than sugar. I use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda anyway personally, but that's cause cigarettes and coffee stain your teeth plus I drink some coke(straw) and red bulls(straw)
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Depending on your bodyweight you can still fit 60g of fat in there pretty easily without gaining especially if you're exercising. Coconut oil(and milk) and heavy saturated sources will actually help you improve insulin sensitivity in response to sugar. It's just too much fat can often create huge surpluses in addition to carbohydrates which is why some may advise against too much fat.

Also, it's best to have most(not all) of your fat in the evening and protein and carbs during the day. Though I'd have some coconut oil during the day as opposed to night because it revs me up, personally. Übermensch
    Interesting. I've even see people rail against the entire concept of macro-combos, championing the human digestive system as infallible and able to digest any combination of foods...but what about us bloaters? I think it's still up to the individual. It depends on which carbs I eat, but I can have any fat with any meat and it goes fine, while some carbs (fruit starches?) with meat give me trouble. But I can apparently eat a big monomeal of carrot, potato and onion and seaweed soup with meat all together just fine.

Oh, and enough calcium and its proper metabolites will make it so you don't need to brush much. I imagine more shit gets stuck in your teeth from meat rather than sugar. I use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda anyway personally, but that's cause cigarettes and coffee stain your teeth plus I drink some coke(straw) and red bulls(straw)
    Cool. I find coffee does not stain my teeth, but tea (kombucha) does. During steak and eggs and similar menus, I don't really even have to brush my teeth. Dairy makes scum, and fruit snacks do, too. Whole fruit, not as much, and apples actually clean them.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Look on the bright side... You haven't gotten obese or snorting pixie stix yet.

------

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast