Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Knifegill page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Woke up this morning and I weighed 173 pounds at morning dehydrated weight. And I can see my abs now. Primal for the win!

Went about four weeks hardcore, finally snapped and ate some swedish fish. I think I need to incorporate some potatoes into my diet to curb the carb cravings. I thought I was getting enough carbohydrate from my zucchini, apples, avocado and other foods but apparently I'm not. I definitely feel amazing overall and weigh less than I have since before high school. Also, I had no idea how sore a real sprint would leave me. Four days of ache!

Still winning. About a pound a week seems to be the going rate. I don't eat breakfast at all now. Once or twice I had a spoonful of coconut oil in the morning but the effect was pronounced. Probably too much energy. Perhaps I'll replace coffee with coconut oil! Anyway, lunch today was a romaine heart, two avocadoes, some pecans and almonds and...something else, I forget. Dinners have been getting interesting. I've been frying my greens the last few days in 1/2 coconut and 1/2 olive oil. I add about a pound of meat, then a bunch of kale and whatever else I see laying around, be it avocados or frozen fruit. It's always good. I had leg cramps, but they went away when I started adding salt to my dinner. Taking 5,000iu Vit D and a magnesium, calcium and zinc supplement along with my usual weak Trader Joe's 1-a-day. Definitely feeling better on the supplements than without, but it's not too big of a difference since I was already feeling so good already! I've been climbing trees, doing random body-weight-on-arms exercise (sort of sitting pushups in chairs, on the elevator rails, anywhere that looks good) and totally have added muscle while dropping fat. My 34" waist pants aren't fitting anymore and I think I need to get some 32" pants soon. Still debating whether red peppers cause me any harm. Fell off the wagon once or twice with a piece of pizza or a free cupcake at work, but felt sick for the day and got zits thereafter. I am less and and less tempted to eat grains as time rolls on. Need to get back to the organic grass-fed beef place for some more meats. Loving life and feeling better than ever. Sometimes I forget how nasty I was used to feeling.

Lately I feel less hunger overall. I really don't feel like eating at lunch, so I've been nibbling a little and finishing the rest at my second lunch. Still climbing trees, getting stronger and have lately been getting some sun. Waist is stable, but I see more muscle all the time.

ErikaE is offline Member
    So cool to hear about your sucesses! I identify with having a hard time with the expense of eating primal. I do okay, luckily my husband has a well-paying job even if it may not be stable (/sigh), but it's still been tough to see how much grocery bill went up when I started buying way more antibiotic free meats and way less cheap pasta products.

I get leg cramps, too, if I'm not careful to use salt, and iodized seems to help even more. I've been making a point to drink well water at least every other day also, down here in Olympia the artesian well is only about two blocks from my house. I can actually taste the magnesium in it, so I've been putting off dropping a bunch of money on supplements. My Safeway Children's Gummi Vitamins jar is still mostly full and even though I now bemoan how much sugar is in them and wish they had some other stuff....I'm too cheap to throw them out. =/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

Aroyo-D coconut milk is my new breakfast by the can. Keep me full for about six hours. 765 calories of creamy goodness for $1.50. I really don't feel like eating my lunch at work, so I think I'll stop forcing myself to. Primal way = not hungry? Don't eat! Then, for dinner, huge mountain of vegetables and a lot of fish cooked in tallow. Or a huge egg mush. Or other primal fare. Hoping the omega-3 is balancing out...
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-14-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Still working on my omega balance. Seems one little avocado outweighs a whole can of mackerel and two salmon steaks. ( But I am still feeling great! And my cholesterol is still rising. Got a freebie test at work and my total cholesterol is 252, my HDL is 93.7, and my LDL is calculated (but not measured) at 150. I don't know which type of LDL it is because the VAP is too expensive to run on a whim. But my HDL is happy, that's for sure! Oh, triglycerides are only 41! The people said my numbers were almost impossible.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

This is sustainable and effective. Been long enough to know by now. Lost the weight, gained muscle, continue to discover new herbs and spices. Didn't break the bank, $45.00 to $50.00 per week for groceries. Feeling strong and well, I don't get sick at all, and I actually am on this day more fit than I've been since I was probably ten years old. Going to climb some trees a bit later. Two years ago, I had a lot of fat to haul up things with me. Now it's just enough fat that I don't freeze, though I'm going to be peaking fat loss soon to prove Primal beats the Insanity workout.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I know you are still around. How is it going?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    IZ great! Figured out not to worry about omega 6 from healthy food. Cholesterol numbers, as we understand them, are still stellar. Lost most all of my extra fat now. Increased protein a lot and reduced fat in general, back to about 50% of caloric intake. Sadly, this means not all of my meat is grass-fed or local. But it is what it is.

How are you doing?

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast