Thread: Chicken fries? page

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member

Chicken fries?

Primal Fuel
    Would it be possible to construct a healthy sort of french fry out of chicken? Maybe blended together with spices and such and in a form that'd be easy for dipping into more flavor?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You mean unbreaded chicken sticks?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I ain't no chef, but could you "bread" them in crushed pork rinds or something like that? Don't know how that would taste, but I would probably try it.

Basically. Does it 1. seem possible, 2. given a reasonable amount salt seem like something a 2 year old and someone who thinks chicken and cardboard are about the same (seriously, it's a miracle anyone ever stops being vegetarian if most people start with chicken. If you have a veggie friend converting to paleo, start 'em on ground beef) would enjoy?

Would breading of any sort be necessary?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you want a true french fry sub, it'd be fine. Just slice chix boob into french fry sized strips, bake/ pan fry and let him/ her go to town. If you want, you can use a pork rind or almond flour breading, but it wouldn't be necessary. If the kiddo doesn't care for it plain, then you can start tinkering with seasonings and breadings and such.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome