Thread: Do you eat in preparation for not eating? page

alydar is offline Member

Do you eat in preparation for not eating?

Tonight our church held a fall festival and I knew all the usual "junk" would be there (hotdogs from a local business, candy, cakes, sodas -- not a primal friendly event at all! )

At the time we needed to leave to get there I technically wasn't hungry but I knew that it would be a few hours (or longer) before we would be back home and then it would take me another 30 min to 1 hour to get dinner available once we did get home. So I ate a couple of spoonfuls of coocnut oil with shredded coconut on top with the idea it would be a while before I was able to eat anything decent.

Just wondering if this was ok or should I have just let that time serve as a small IF? If you know that you won't be able to eat primally for some time do you eat beforehand to get you through or do you just wait until you are able to get your hands on a primal meal later?

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    That is up to you. if you want to include primal "snacks" in between primal meals, then go right ahead. Usually, one will not have to if they are eating enough fats, but it is all up to the individual. I generally have 1 or 2 snacks daily.

Christina* is offline Senior Member
    It depends how I feel. I often don't eat lunch so I will eat breakfast even if not hungry, but there are some days where I just fast until late afternoon/dinner. I feel just fine. One of the perks of eating lots of fats!

If you feel like being around all that sugary food will be a lot of temptation I'd bring something primal friendly with you though.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I sometimes do, sometimes don't. I like the PB makes it clear that (counter to CW) it's OK to not eat at all. So I just see how I'm feeling, and I don't panic that I'm going to go on some crazy binge if I get too hungry.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food