Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal - svelting page 3

svelting is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow ... nothing posted all week. Manana syndrome really had me in its throes this week I guess.

Yesterday I ate even though I wasn't hungry. This morning, again I'm not hungry. I'm considering waiting until I actually feel hungry to eat. I'll have my morning coffee with cream, some coconut oil, and keep some leafy greens and berries handy. I never thought I'd hope to feel hungry :?:

I'm dealing with some major stressors -- mom with terminal dx, siblings being hostile or distant toward parents, partner's old business failing while building a new one, and two major work projects. I have taken comfort in the usual, ubiquitous SAD suspects over the last 6-7 weeks. Surprise, surprise -- I don't feel comforted. I'm feeling draggy-tired, foggy, stuck and a little paranoid. Ain't wheat and sugar grand?

So because none of that shite is going anywhere fast and because how I've been living and eating isn't working, I'm going back to primal tomorrow. I think I'll include tubers and roots this week, and at most one serving/day of berries with full-fat yogurt or cream to minimize the speed bumps of grain and sugar withdrawal.
    Breakfast: 2-3 eggs scrambled in ghee-coconut oil; sweet potato, peppers and chard sautéed in same,
    Lunch: lovely med-rare roast beef in a BAS
    Dinner: salmon maybe? veg tbd.

Also, working on building more "moving slowly" into my life; the commute to and from work (12 km one-way) provides several good opportunities.

I've ordered some amino acids and supplements per Joan Mathews Larson's Depression Free Naturally. I'm hoping a return to primal and "goosing" the neurochemicals will restore my clarity and energy.

Onward.

sf40 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about what is happening in your life. I went through a bad few months and similarly turned to my old comfort foods, which didn't comfort. Good for you for going back to primal! How has added roots and tubers impacted you? I greatly increased my starchy carbs about 10 days ago and am feeling much better.

I took the amino acids for 2 weeks. They seemed to have raised my mood and have caused some nausea 1-2 hours after consumption. I skipped breakfast and stopped all morning supplements for 2 days and had no nausea, despite the rest of those days having been laden with the three horsemen of the CW apocalypse -- wheat flour, seed oils and sugar.

Back in the saddle with dinner tonight and I'm all set for Sunday.

Wrapping up Sunday:
    Kicked the grains again today.
    Must have been a good day food wise ... It's 9:50 pm and I *want* to go to bed.

Got a plan for tomorrow.
    B:eggs & chard
    L: out (probably some resto-version of a BAS)
    D: steak or burger, or maybe some salmon, probably raw crunchy veg.
    Last edited by svelting; 06-12-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123