Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman Caught on Tape Talking on a Cell Phone in 1928 page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Woman Caught on Tape Talking on a Cell Phone in 1928

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories, and I feel there's probably some other explanation (she's scratching her face, she's insane, this video has been fabricated, etc.), but this video is pretty nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU
    Last edited by Jokaman70; 10-30-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    I saw that. very strange, but i'm sure there's a logical explanation for it.

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    Assuming it's not a hoax, the commenters mentioned an early version hearing aid - not too farfetched that if you just got such cutting-edge tech (for the times), you might try listening to the sound of your own voice. The idea of a time-travelling celphone user is ridiculous on at least three different levels - I'll let you all have fun guessing which three I have in mind. Good way to sell Chaplin collector sets, though.

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    Wondering how well a cell phone works without cell towers and the rest of the necessary infrastructure. LOL. Not to mention... who would she be talking to? Besides, if time travel were possible I doubt it would be the geriatric crowd making the trip.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    jup, I'm betting pretty strongly on the hearing aid.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEL62 View Post
    Wondering how well a cell phone works without cell towers and the rest of the necessary infrastructure. LOL. Not to mention... who would she be talking to? Besides, if time travel were possible I doubt it would be the geriatric crowd making the trip.
    I think if one's developed the necessary tools for time travel the lack of cell phone towers, and the limited range of current communication devices, are pretty easy hurdles to clear.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    The black object in her hand looks like an early hearing aid. But apparently those were worn in, say, a shirt pocket, not held to the ear. The only person she could be talking to is the man. If she was hard of hearing, it seems like they would be walking together. I'm thinking maybe a crystal radio. I suppose she could be singing along or talking to the man, or herself.

Spooky, but not time travel.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    I think if one's developed the necessary tools for time travel the lack of cell phone towers, and the limited range of current communication devices, are pretty easy hurdles to clear.
    Cell towers are the Stargate. Look it up on the toobs.

it's troof.

I saw a utoob video about it once that blamed obama for murdering ron paul, and our gold nuggz.

loneviking is offline Member
    I've done some looking and I can't find any device from that time period that would fit what she is doing. I'm a bit of an old tech. buff, and I've seen several of the hearing aids from that time period and they wouldn't be used like that. She's walking AND talking into the thing which is not how these aids worked. They were for hearing, not transmitting sound.

The other oddity that nobody has picked up on is the use of her left hand. Very few people were left handed in those times as they were almost always forcibly changed during their school years. She should have been holding her purse in her left hand and this device in her right hand. It's just another clue that there is something very odd about this lady. Time traveler? I'll wait and see, but there's no doubt that she sure doesn't seem to fit into that time period...

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I'm not ready to jump on the time traveller bandwagon just yet, but I can't see this being a hearing aid. Wouldn't they be using vacuum tubes back then? The hearing aid would have been a big ass box with a seperate battery pack. I'm no tech guy, so I might by totally off base here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast