Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd degree burns on face, chest and arm.....from butter page 3

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    u dun goofd

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    Ouch! Hope you're ok and heal quickly.

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    OH my goodness! I am so sorry to hear this. I know you're on it, though. Still ... I know it hurt.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    i fell in a bon fire at college one year, hospital, lots of meds and shots in my butt(
    penicillin most likely. and *wow*. that must have been crazy miserable. The $100 med was silver sulfadiazine.

It wasn't the meds that gave you pneumonia. Changes are that because of the burn, you used up the last of your zinc stores and your body couldn't deal with the bacteria that was settling into your lungs.

Everyone at the lab has the flu....after the burn, i woke at 3 am with a sore throat and other mild flu symptoms. I've been working on my zinc the last few days...as well as doing all of the other 'alternative' things I do for flu tx/prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Also... the blink reflex. Isn't it amazing?
    I've been feeling a lot of gratitude for that blink reflex...that's for certain. it probably would have been cool to see in super slow motion. lol

Also... who else would get badly burned, treat burns, finish the salmon, and then post a bunch of fascinating links about burn healing?
    You're so sweet to me but seriously, I had to do something. it was too painful otherwise so I had to be distracted from it. The first hour or so I was coping pretty well but into the second hour of significant pain, my coping mechanisms were dissolving. By the time dh got home I was a whiny, annoying mess. lol Had that 2nd dose of motrin not done the trick, I would have gone into the ER.

Thanks for kind wishes everyone.

Everyone run out to buy a jar of raw honey.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Suse is offline Senior Member
    owww katherine... hope you will feel better soon.... you must have been using a shitload of butter girl! I second the lavender oil...

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Yow!! Clearly you are being well taken care of by your own capable hands, but I just wanted to reply with sympathy! ... And yeah, it is kinda amusing that this became an excellent burn-education opportunity. We put raw honey on our shopping list!
    Last edited by Jenny; 10-31-2010 at 07:15 PM.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    owww katherine... hope you will feel better soon.... you must have been using a shitload of butter girl! I second the lavender oil...
    I can't find any information on lavender oil and burn tx. I've heard it recommended before...and if the burn on my arm were less severe, I'd try it there. If anyone comes up with evidence for lavender, lmk....I am very interested. I've used it for knee scrapes (w/aquaphor) and found it helpful.

As it stands, I think I have to stick with honey - it works so well for burns b/c of the enzymes (in addition to the anti-microbial properties). The enzymes basically eat the dead tissue. Yay. ) As it stands, the worst of it (the part I peeled off on my forhead) is feeling worse in spite of my ministrations. Tomorrow I'll head into the derm if it still feels like this. (ie bruised and throbbing)

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Suse is offline Senior Member
    The thing about using lavender is knowing that you have indeed got pure lavender oil. Nowadays you can buy cheap muck everywhere but its not necessarily pure-grade. For my own anecdotal evidence, I have mixed up lavender oil with a good moisturiser and used on really bad sunburn and it has eased the pain and I have not had major blistering and peeling like I have had other times. But we're talking a sunburn not a really ouchy burn from hot fat. (although a really bad sunburn is pretty darned ouchy too ) Either way, I hope you heal fast.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Awww Cilla! You are so thorough... I probably would have posted the following:

Burned my face with hot salmony butter, applied honey. Will wait.

LOL. Sending good vibes your way dearest!

Good thing my dad just started an apiary this year eh? Unlimited raw honey... for free! YES! I shall save a small medicinal jar of it.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by localad View Post
    Lavendar oil, applied topically. It really works on skin burns!!
    So sorry to hear that and very scary. In the future flip foods away from you so that spatter goes in the other direction.

My sister is a huge proponent of lavendar oil for bad burns. Don't know how effective it is after a couple of days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123