Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Primal NaNo-ers out there? page

rozska is offline Senior Member

Any Primal NaNo-ers out there?

Primal Fuel
    As some of you may know, November is National Novel Writing Month -- known as NaNoWriMo. (http://www.nanowrimo.org/)

I'll be doing my own version of NaNoWriMo -- instead of 50,000 words in a month, I'll do 40,000. But I'm writing an 80,000 word novel. My goal is to have it finished by the end of December. So 10,000 words a week, for eight weeks. I did that this summer -- 10,000 words a week for 6 weeks. It was a lot of work, but I figure I can do it again. Hopefully this time with less stress.

Any other primal writers out there? Interested in writing a novel in the month of November? Let me know!
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Are you seriously saying that someone with a love of writing and, presumably, language came up with "nanowrimo"?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving it a shot! This is my first year, and I'm basically pulling 50,000 words out of my derriere come November 1st because I just decided to do it a few days ago. I've never really written fiction before, either. Do you have a genre/title/outline/etc. yet?

Ayla is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to you!!! I think that NaNoWriMo is awesome, and I am going to do it some day. For me, it's "national dissertation writing month," just like the last year and the next year will also be. ;-)

IF I were writing a novel, it would be about a neanderthal, kind of like Jean Auel's books.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Many of my homeschool friends do it. I pretty much hate writing to the very core of my being so....no, I'm not doing it

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i have a book already written on my anorexia and recovery experiences but i want to be like full on 100% everything before ill have the guts to hand it around

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'll do it, so long as I'm not pulling overtime or any of that. I have a book started, it's just a matter of picking it back up. I ain't going by word count but page count (at least 2 pages a day, preferably 5).
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I just found out about it through this post...I had decided that I needed a "Use Your Brain" challenge for November.
    I'd thought about learning Web Design.
    But this may be it...hmmmm...
    I was a newspaper reporter for a while...But this would be the first time I've tried writing fiction.
    I guess if I'm going to do it, I'd better come up with an idea
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Many of my homeschool friends do it. I pretty much hate writing to the very core of my being so....no, I'm not doing it
    Cilla! You do?! You always write such great posts here, I would never have thought this!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did it last year, and completed it on the last day. But I'm NOT doing it again; extremely time consuming!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast