Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever done the Tough Mudder? page

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member

Anyone ever done the Tough Mudder?

I'm thinking about doing the Tough Mudder in Austin this January. It looks pretty primal/crossfit in it's description. It's hard to get a read on how difficult it is. Of course the website touts it as the toughest event on the planet, but I'm wondering if anyone here has participated and what you thought. Thanks!

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I have never done it but my good friend has. She loved it!! She thougth it rocked, seriously. She had me considering it but I have some time before it comes back round this area. She is athletic but she is not a maniac or anything the average runner stamina and she did fine with it.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I am realllllly considering it. Like I look at the website a few times a week. Not sure about running 10 miles though. I twisted my knee at a 5k mud run last week and it made me even more apprehensive. According to the site it is very challenging. I see very few women in the photos, unlike smaller mudruns.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    I did the MuddyBuddy in Dallas two years ago. It was only a challenge because I pushed myself, but was not a difficult course. It was at Joe Pool lake.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    I suspect the mudder is hard as hell. Hope to do Seattle next year.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Muddy buddy, warrior dash, et al seem pretty mild compared to the tough mudder. They aren't super challenging for anyone in decent shape IMO.
    There is a warrior dash in Austin nov 20,21st. Maybe try it out and assess your ability to do 10 miles after that?

sam_hale is offline Junior Member
    I am sorry but you might be a little disappointed, 1: DONT believe the hype, I did the first tough mudder in bear valley, It was 4 miles NOT 7 I Gps'd on my watch along with several others, there were huge line ups, 45 minutes because the obstacle could only hold 1 person at a time, the parking and generally everything about the day was hugely disorganized, I have done several other events like the warrior dash and the spartan race who I may say are hugely more organised and as tough. I later learned they have 2 lawsuits against them by the British Tough Guy Event as they took photos and claimed it was their event and generally stole the whole concept from them. BEWARE $180 for a 4 mile fun run with obstacles is WAY over priced.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_hale View Post
    I am sorry but you might be a little disappointed, 1: DONT believe the hype, I did the first tough mudder in bear valley, It was 4 miles NOT 7 I Gps'd on my watch along with several others, there were huge line ups, 45 minutes because the obstacle could only hold 1 person at a time, the parking and generally everything about the day was hugely disorganized, I have done several other events like the warrior dash and the spartan race who I may say are hugely more organised and as tough. I later learned they have 2 lawsuits against them by the British Tough Guy Event as they took photos and claimed it was their event and generally stole the whole concept from them. BEWARE $180 for a 4 mile fun run with obstacles is
    WAY over priced.
    Disappointing.

ToughMudder is offline Junior Member

Reply from Tough Mudder

Same_Hale:
    We are sorry that your first experience with Tough Mudder did not live up to your expectations. We do recognize that, depending on when participants arrived at the event, some people experienced lines at obstacles and delays with parking lot shuttle buses. We assure you that we have examined these issues closely and fixed them going forward. We just finished our NorCal event this month with 5,000 participants, and had no lines at obstacles and smooth operations (parking, registration, etc.)
    We also increased course length and amped up obstacle difficulty. We expect record turnout in NJ this November and the TOUGHEST Tough Mudder yet!

Saturday event fees start at $100 for early birds and increase every other month leading up to the event. Sunday event fees are always $20 less than the Saturday price, and we also have several discounts to take advantage of: Up to $10 off for participants registering as part of a team, and $25 off for Mudders who agree to raise money for our official charity partner, the Wounded Warrior Project. The event is only $180 if you register under the "Late Registration" price... Saturday entry only, within one week of event day.

Kyle46N: We hope you'll try it out in Austin this January!

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hale View Post
    I am sorry but you might be a little disappointed, 1: DONT believe the hype, I did the first tough mudder in bear valley, It was 4 miles NOT 7 I Gps'd on my watch along with several others, there were huge line ups, 45 minutes because the obstacle could only hold 1 person at a time, the parking and generally everything about the day was hugely disorganized, I have done several other events like the warrior dash and the spartan race who I may say are hugely more organised and as tough. I later learned they have 2 lawsuits against them by the British Tough Guy Event as they took photos and claimed it was their event and generally stole the whole concept from them. BEWARE $180 for a 4 mile fun run with obstacles is WAY over priced.

sam_hale is offline Junior Member

Thought you might be interested in this

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast