So today I found out I may have a problem with calcium metabolism/ hyperparathyroidism. Came home and googled it, and surprise surprise, celiac disease is associated with it. So I bet that is another thing to add to the list of things that gluten (and to a lesser extent casein, and corn) has done to me over the last 15 or so years. The list is loooong!

I have been gluten free for 2 and a half years, but it feels like a long haul, and some aspects of my health may never return to normal. I wish I had known it was gluten causing my tiredness, weight gain and stomach issues back in 1995 when I first noticed these problems. Instead it took a major escalation of symptoms starting in 2004, and 3 and a half years of misery including doubling my body weight and many other symptoms, before I finally discovered what was wrong.

I am new to primal, only a couple of months in, but I reckon cutting out grains completely can only be a good thing at this point. Certainly my blood sugar issues are better than they have been in years.

I don't know why I am posting, except that I just wanted to touch base on this with those who support what I'm doing instead of rolling their eyes at my paranoia (and that's even though I am a biochemist!).