Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair and toe problems, chinese doctor and "oily foods" page

futhark is offline Member

Red face Hair and toe problems, chinese doctor and "oily foods"

Primal Fuel
    Hi!

So I went to a chinese doctor a month ago to consult him regarding some problems I have had during the last 4 years.
    These problems consisted of: hair thinning, alopecia, fungus on my little toes and some on the other toes.

For the latter I got this cream called "Wuji Gao" which I have to put on my toes. I have seen a small, positive change as the little toes doesn't look as brown-ish as before, plus I try to walk barefoot inside after work now (I'm using a sort of military boots while working, so it gets warm there).

Toe problem
    10g each contained:
    Menthol 0.35g
    Camphor 0.56g
    Methyl salicylate 0.30g
    Borneol 0.05g
    Thymol 0.025g
    Beclometasone dipropionate 0.001g
    and its completement:
    Dimethyl sulfoxide, stearic acid, monostearin, white vaseline, octadecanol, glycerine, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, purified water.

As far as my search on the web for what these ingredients actually are, it seems that Beclometasone dipropionate is the only thing my hunch is asking me whether it's good or bad, since it "is a potent glucocorticoid steroid", according to Wiki.

Is this something I would re-consider using, or should I keep using it?

When it comes to my hair he gave me something called Ho Shou Wu Pian, otherwise known as Fo-Ti or Ho Shou Wu.
    http://www.skrewtips.com/2009/06/29/ho-shou-wu/

Together with this Fo-Ti I also take two other herbal "remedies" called Fenugreek (as it is said to help balding) and Burdock.
    According to Wiki: "Modern studies[citation needed] indicate that burdock root oil extract is rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids (including rare long-chain EFAs), the nutrients required to maintain a healthy scalp and promote natural hair growth. It combines an immediate relieving effect with nutritional support of normal functions of sebaceous glands and hair follicles."

And during these last 4 years I have had problems with a sort-of fatty forehead and dandruff on my eyebrows, nostril area and such..
    After taking these herbs in capsul/pill forms I have noticed a reduced "fatty forehead", so it could be something to it reducing the sebaceous gland production.

Is it the over-production from the sebaceous gland that hinders the nutrition from reaching the hair follicles, and in-directly causes balding?

And lastly, on the description of the Fo-Ti package, it says "Avoid oily foods while taking this formula".

I eat bacon, cook food with virgin coconut oil or ghee, so what exactly does it mean with "oily foods"?
    I, as a Norwegian, don't understand if it means that I have to quit everything that has to do with oil, or if it's greasy-kinda food like burger, french fries and "bad" oil in general.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here

Grizz is offline Banned
    Futhark,

My fellow Norseman, For toes, feet there is such a simple & effective cure that is AMAZING.

Simply rub Grapeseed Oil into your feet every morning. ALL of your foot problems will fade away within 1 month. Dry, scaly feet GONE, Fungus GONE, cracks GONE. Toenail problems GONE. Within 6 months you will have feet like a baby!

Best to you,
    Grizz

Hey Grizz!

Yeah, I've seen you a couple of times recommending GO in different threads, so my questions to you are:

What kind of brands are the best out there?
    Are there any ingredients in the different brands that aren't so good?

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me about the different brands out there rather than the one you have recommended, so maybe I can find something here in Norway during this weekend.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Futhark,

IMO, any brand of Grapeseed oil will work. It is all the same stuff. We try to buy whatever is the best price. Our BEST DEAL was at Trader Joes for $3.50 a 16 oz. bottle. Mostly it costs us about $8 a bottle via internet order. My wife loves to rub it into her skin after a shower. Clears up her dry skin problems. She uses it on her face for wrinkles. And of course you can use it for cooking and in salads.

Will other oils work just as good? I don't know. I've never tried any of the others. I think Coconut Oil would be worth experimenting with. You can keep coconut oil a liquid by adding 5% or less Olive Oil to it.

Some of the ladies here think coconut oil makes a great "Personal Lubricant." We tried it and YES, it is certainly better than K-Y junk and a lot less expensive. However we still prefer our favorite SYLK, made from the kiwi fruit.

Best to you,
    Grizz

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Grapeseed oil is a great destroyer of fungus on the skin. In my opinion grapeleaf extract is better internally. Other terrific topical fungus killers are caprylic acid (coconut oil is the source) and tea tree oil. Oil of oregano is also great. If you have a severe problem, use any of these for a month and then cycle to one of the others for a month. Continue changing your treatment each month. There are many other things that will clear mycosis.

If you manage to clear fungus on one part of your body but it still is present on another, continue treating the "cleared" area until it is gone completely from everywhere. Dandruff is a major clue of presence of fungus. So are rashes.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Grizz & periquin: So Grapeseed oil and Coconut oil are the ones to help me out here? Nice, since I already use the coconut oil for food, might as well use it on my body..? :P I'll pick it up in the shops today!

But periquin, when you say grapeleaf extract, is olive leaf extract included in the grapeleaf-group?

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the grapeleaf extract---should be grapeseed extract. Olive leaf extract is a potent anti fungal. So is garlic but it can burn if you use it topically. Be careful if you try it.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Grizz is offline Banned
    I have wondered just why Grapeseed Oil has such miraculous properties. This link explains at least part of it:

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    The oil is perfect for damaged or stressed tissues, possessing regenerative and restructuring qualities which allow better control of skin moisturization. Because of it’s high amount of Linoleic Acid, it is frequently used in beauty products for its anti-inflammatory, acne reduction, and moisture retention properties. Need an eye cream? Look no more, dab a bit of Grape Seed Oil around and under the eyes for especially effective repair of the skin. Run out of shaving cream? The oil will leave your legs softer than you ever imagined. Much more here:
    http://www.facecandyblog.net/2007/07...-seed-oil.html
    There is MUCH MORE, Google "Grapeseed Oil Benefits."
    "possessing regenerative and restructuring qualities" says it all. It really does leave the skin silky smooth and is absorbed INTO the skin. So that ANY part of your skin that needs regeneration/nourishment, apply Grapeseed Oil.

I got into all of this last year when I caught a Scabies infection and I was looking for a NATURAL Cure. To make a LONG story short, I cured scabies with a mix of 75% Grapeseed Oil & 25% Diatomacious Earth. Within 1 week the itching stopped & within 1 month all hatchlings were killed. The Grapessed oil smothered the scabies under the skin, and the D-E killed the Scabies on the skin. Scabies are microscopic little monsters that cause intense itching, and leaving welts like a mosquito. They have become resistant to modern drugs and are epidemic in many countries. People have reported being infected for YEARS. having lost their jobs, spouses, homes, tossed out furniture in desperation. In desperation, some have even gone to Veterinarians for treatment. ( Mange is the doggy equivalent ) So if you hear of anyone suffering with Scabies, please do tell them of my natural cure.

Best to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-30-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks periquin & Grizz! You helped out a lot here on the fungus part. Really appreciate it!
    I bought two kinds of grapeseed oil today; one for massage and one for food, exterior and interior usage.

Now, I would like to know more about my hair problem -and- what the prescription of Fo-Ti means by avoiding "oily foods"..
    Can someone please help me on this part too?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by futhark View Post
    Hi!

So I went to a chinese doctor a month ago to consult him regarding some problems I have had during the last 4 years.
    These problems consisted of: hair thinning, alopecia,
    I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here
    Here is my solution for thinning hair.

I was almost bald with just a few scraggley hairs on top of my head. This solution worked for me, and within a few months my hair is BACK AGAIN ! It is still a little on the thin side, but you could not tell unless you looked closely. It not only grows hair, but your fingernails & toenails also grow faster and as hard as nails. The wife & I take a tablespoon every morning in our Smoothie. She was suffering a pain in her knee and this cured it for her. This also helped her high blood pressure and improved her stools. I ordered a 10 lb bag from Amazon, should last us for many years. You might find this product at your local farming goods store or at any health food store. Do shop around for the best price, as prices vary wildly.

Complete details here:
    http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php
    http://www.earthworkshealth.com/huma...stimonials.php

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Hair That Grows!
    Hair is natures greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
    There are cautions:
    1) Do not breath the powder. If you are careless in using this, you could stir up dust in the air. It is difficult to stir up dust, but it can be done.
    2) Be certain to get FOOD GRADE. NONE OTHER. There are Pool Grade versions
    3) Be certain to get PURE D-E. There is Food Grade D-E Mixed with Bentonite [Clay].

Why it works. It is composed of Silica, an essential mineral for human health not found in our food supplies. Silica is essential for bone, hair & fingernail health.

Best to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-30-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast