Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this CW BS page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

From a CW weight loss site I was looking at today...

"With time, we gain weight, because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that, when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So, we aren't heavy; we are enormously cultured, educated and happy."

It's in a story made to make people feel better about being large (obviously), not an article or anything like that... but dang.

People do go to great lengths to "justify" their overweight. I guess you have to when you're doing "everything right" (low fat, low cal diet, chronic cardio) and nothing is changing.

Me? I'm glad to have found the PB.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Oh my God.

I guess I should be grateful I don't know much about nuthin' ;-)

Shine is offline Member

Wow...fat is generated by too much information and culture for our intellects to handle. Watch out, Beethoven will go straight to your belly and Thoreau to your thighs!

Seriously, by that logic, shouldn't a few hours of reality TV be an effective way to lose weight? I know I always feel dumber after just a few minutes.

You got it...

I must be an idiot!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

"Seriously, by that logic, shouldn't a few hours of reality TV be an effective way to lose weight? I know I always feel dumber after just a few minutes."

LOL! I love it!

maba is offline Senior Member

LOL!! Which means PB is making us dumb! But I'm glad I chose PB to reduce my intellect than watching reality shows.

I'm reading this book called "Mistakes were made (but not by me)" that Dr.Eades highly recommended on his ProteinPower blog. The first chapter, that I'm currently reading, talks about "Cognitive dissonance", where our mind has 2 contradictory ideas, but when we are not able to let go of one of them, we try to find justifications for the contradictory idea. In this case, those ideas would be (i) Losing body fat is healthy, (ii) I can't lose body fat no matter how much I try (CW-wise). (i) can be achieved by ditching (ii) which would be basically ignoring CW. But when you can't ignore (ii), you come up with justifications to get rid of the dissonance in your mind. I totally digressed but I see what that weight-loss site says a justification of this dissonance.

Katt is offline Senior Member

I am hoping that this sound byte was pulled out of context and was originally meant to be tongue in cheek.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Statements like that are the result of the discovery of alcoholism as a disease. Not saying that there aren't genetic components in making some people more susceptible than others. But suddenly personal responsibility was off the hook. "See, it's not my fault."

Why I was a kid overweight people almost always blamed hypothyroidism, even if they didn't know the word.

Similarly, not saying there aren't human Zucker rats, but mostly people are fat due to one or both of these: they eat too much and/or they eat the wrong things.

Funny one, there, Shine!

Cognitive dissonance is one of my favorite topics about human nature. Not to be political here, now, but it's like the seniors on Medicare saying keep the government out of my health care.

Sigh.

Katt it was definitely not supposed to be tongue-in-cheek... it was from a woman's response to a gym advertisement that said "This summer do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

... she decided she wanted to be a whale because they have babies and enjoy life and eat lots of shrimp... while mermaids evidently have identity crises (am I a fish or a human?) and kill all the men who come near them (er, I thought that was just the sirens) and will never have babies because of that... blah blah...

It's definitely a "fat power!" kind of story.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Whoa. I'm not sure that qualifies as CW. More like UW...Unconventional Whacko!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast