Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dried fruit is my crack... page

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member

Dried fruit is my crack...

Shop Now
    How do you break a bad habit? Generally I eat 100% primal. I have a lot of food allergies, so don't "stray" or "cheat". I've found primal to be the perfect way of eating.. however, I do still get killer cravings for dried fruit and can't seem to stop myself from inhaling LOTS of it. *blush* I've tried to "ration" it, but it just doesn't happen. lol!! This habit of mine bumps up my carb count big-time!

Will this subside eventually? I've been primal for a couple months now I guess... any tips to get me on the "straight & narrow"?

Thanks!

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Ouch...sugar candy, half fructose...goodbye liver.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Keep it out of the house entirely if you can't resist it and you want to stop eating it.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I have a problem with dried fruit. Its natures candy and tastes delightful. I just overate it like a mad man, because i was hungry and it was ready to be eaten, couldnt be arsed preparing food. Its bad and i feel guilty, but hey fuk im human and it doesnt help when there is no fukin primal take away joints so i binged.

Improbably had about 500g of dried fruit all up, god knows what my sugar intake was and worringly fructose. Hopefully the fact it was natural sugar i dont do too much damaged as opposed to binging on chocolates and whatnot.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    This is why I eliminated dried fruits from my diet entirely.

Gibtron is offline Member
    This is my EXACT downfall, I get obsessed with dates, mix it nuts and yoghurt-seriously it's AMAZING but can only put it down to the insane amount of sugar which makes me crave more, I haven't had any for a couple of weeks now but still think about it!!haa!
    I even tried going every other day then every two but still found I would just MAJORLY Overeat when I did.
    One answer-don't buy it!!
    *gibtron take your own advice*
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

cavegirl13 is offline Junior Member
    I love dried fruit.So much so I could eat a whole 500g bag.So now I limit myself to only a bit when I cook a baked apple.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    I usually pair dried fruit with some type of fat, so I get full faster.

Gibtron is offline Member
    ..but what happens if you are full yet you still keep eating!
    I literally am same as cavegirl13 quite easily do a 500g bag! Oops!
    "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all,in which case you've failed by default"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Two things help me to break a habit. Make it expensive and/or inconvenient. So, only buy expensive organic dried fruit, buy very small quantities, and buy it from somewhere far enough away that you have to drive there. If you're willing to do all that, you deserve a handful of your favorite yummy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast