Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I smell really bad (Digestion issues) page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

I smell really bad (Digestion issues)

Shop Now
    After many failed cold turkey attemps I decided to just ditch grains and sugar, but consume other carbs like potatoes for taste. Upped fat content, upped protein but.. Now I smell really awful. I mean - my gas. This week I had 4 days when my roommates thought I tried to kill them :P My stool is smelly and it floats, it's shines because of all undigested fat. I've read that the cause is poor digestion of fat. But what can I do with that knowledge? I had periods of "gas days" since junior high school, but never that bad. Can you help?
    I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I wish I had some advice for you, but I had the opposite reaction. Since PB my gas level has gone way down. I kind of miss it too, I used to look at farting as a competitive sport.

Hahaha. Yes it can be fun for us guys. From what I know it is an issue of bad gut flora, but I somehow doubt that supplementing with flora alone would help
    Yeah!

marti783 is offline Junior Member
    it's as nothing to do with fat digestion. you've probably increased your protein intake by eliminating carbs and processed food. consequently you've also probably eliminated most of your sodium intake. sodium helps produce digestive enzymes in your stomach that specifically break down protein. i had the same exact problem. finally i saw something online about how salt helps you digest protein and a light bulb went off in my head. i started putting salt on my food (moderately, no need to cake it on) and almost instantly i could tell my digestion was back on track. for some reason, most paleo diet authors don't mention this as a possible side effect. also, you should buy "realsalt." you can find it at whole foods. it's alot better than regular table salt. let me know if this helps!

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    also try some probiotics. they really seem to help me. and i am noticing for the first time that some vegetables just don't sit will with me. i never put two and two together before so now i am learning all about myself (poor hubby and kids!). no more okra for me!

drbrik is offline Member
    ditto the salt + a good probiotic. Bad gut bacteria produce gas. Need to get the good bacteria in there

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Poop smells bad. Farts smell bad.

Go to the bathroom to do such things.

?

Profit!

I doubt it's the protein because I don't eat it enough
    @Lojasmo. You should say : live in the bathroom
    What are the characteristics of a good probiotic?
    Yeah!

futhark is offline Member
    C2H5OH: From what I've heard at least with 15billion living organisms, like the one Mark has in his store.(he has 30 or something?)
    You also have probiotics from Udo's Choice, Solaray (Multidophilus) and more brands I'm not familiar with..
    Keep in mind that some brands contain lactose organisms, so keep that in mind if you're lactore intolerant..
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...imal-Journal-_

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    are you eating a lot of nuts? these can cause gas when overdone. I know this personally from my mother in law. I hide them when she visits now. For my own personal sanity of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast