Thread: Chocolate!!! page

marti783 is offline Junior Member

Chocolate!!!

Primal Fuel
    Okay so after one bite I felt that I just had to share with everyone the awesome chocolate bar I just had. It's a baking bar so it's 100% cocoa. Obviously this stuff isn't for rookies. It's by SunSpire and you can get it at WholeFoods. I'm not sure how long they have been around but it says it's new on the wrapper so I guess not long. It's also organic and fair trade certified so you can feel good after you eat it! Anyway, like I said, it's 100% cocoa BUT what makes this one different from other baking bars which I've had is this one uses cocoa butter (or at least more of it than others). Now, I don't know if the other ones I've had used it at all but if they did I don't think they used much of it. The cocoa butter is basically the fat of the cocoa bean and I know how much we all love fat here The point is, the cocoa butter takes away alot of the bitterness that you will find in other baking bars that use just cocoa liquor. In fact, I've gotten to the point where I'm eating them like regular candy bars. I have to stop myself because they're kinda expensive. Like $4. So if you're looking to eliminate sugar completely from your diet and you think you can handle the hard stuff, you should really give this one a try. Let me know what you think!!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm up to 91%. I've tried some 100% but it is too hard core for me.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

alydar is offline Member
    I eat the Baker's Unsweetened chocolate and find that pretty paletable. I actually like being able to enjoy the creaminess of the chocolate without the sugar getting in the way. Sadly, there isn't a WholeFoods nearby or else I'd give that brand a try.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    My favorite chocolate is Scharffen Berger 99%. It's so creamy and smooth. They label it 99% because it contains vanilla bean. Truly the best chocolate I've ever had.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly I have been losing the desire/taste for chocolate the further I go on this journey; however, I am keeping an eye for that choco-bacon bar I keep hearing about, I have to try that one.