Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux? page

Tommy7 is offline Member

Acid reflux?

Shop Now
    Acid reflux, heart burn....I'm not sure since I've never suffered from this stuff. Since cutting out grains a few weeks ago I've had what seems like acid reflux (an annoying burning in my chest and back of my throat) every day. Or is that heart burn....or are they the same. Tums and such does nothing.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy7 View Post
    Acid reflux, heart burn....I'm not sure since I've never suffered from this stuff. Since cutting out grains a few weeks ago I've had what seems like acid reflux (an annoying burning in my chest and back of my throat) every day. Or is that heart burn....or are they the same. Tums and such does nothing.
    It does sound like reflux. A board search will yield some helpful info. Digestive enzymes will likely help as will decreasing fat, the slowly increasing it.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Are you drinking a lot of water? Poly oils and/or too much water seem to be the main triggers for my heartburn, otherwise its been drastically reduced since PN. The decrease in straight water consumption just went hand in hand with going primal, I just wasn't thirsty as much, and I certainly don't force myself to drink extra water. So far no ill effects, no dehydration, and I'm somewhat of an athlete. About the only time I drink straight water is after a serious workout, and only if i don't have something better like coconut water available.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Tomatoes do it to me. I need to cut out the nightshades anyway. Inflammatory.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Tommy7 is offline Member
    I drink a lot of water. Could be the extra fat also. I had heartburn for two weeks straight from the first day of a cruise I went on until a week after returning home. That was back when I was low fat but ate everything in creation (fat) on the cruise.

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    i had to cut down on fat. now it only happens when i eat too much protein or fat but fat is the biggest culprit.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I had to stop eating coconut oil because of heartburn and reflux. I am fine now. I need to figure out another way to get enough fat in my diet now.

Tommy7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    I had to stop eating coconut oil because of heartburn and reflux. I am fine now. I need to figure out another way to get enough fat in my diet now.
    I'm just curious Enough fat for what? I eat coconut oil but it's just oil....it doesn't do anything to satiate me. As far as acid reflux, I suspected the coconut oil but cutting it out hasn't worked yet.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil does fill me up but it is also a healthy fat and I was trying for at least 75% fat in my diet. Trying to fix some of the damage my body has had from years of CW dieting. I started in Feb. 2010 and am finally feeling like my leptin is starting to act normal. Maybe the reflux is telling me I don't need so much any longer. Hmmmm.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy7 View Post
    I drink a lot of water.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear before, too much water may be what's causing your reflux. Try drinking less of it for a bit and see if it helps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast